Today with Jesus- The edited Copy for release

  • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 7 9:51 PM
      Today with Jesus

      “Jesus wept.” (John 11:35)

      Tears were the balm for betrayal.

      Tears are the gift of God as a balm to ease all our pains and sorrows. It’s natural and to be flowed luxuriously when and where destined to do so. To block it is dangerous and self-inflicting to the body, soul and spirit. One need not be ashamed of crying. It’s for the genuine human beings with flesh and blood. Tears ease the pain of broken bodies and broken hearts. As they wash down our faces, tears heal, signal the end of our resources, improve social support, inhibit aggression, elicit compassion, minimize pain, establish solidarity, move people to action and open our hearts to God and others. The curative relief of tears are scientifically proven and spiritually demonstrated. ”He who goes out weeping, carrying seed to sow, will return with songs of joy, carrying sheaves with him” - (Psalm 126:6). For the melt in your mouth sweet truth is this: tears may endure for the night, but joy comes in the morning.

      When Mary fell weeping at his feet, Jesus did not respond with resurrection theology. “When Jesus saw her weeping, and the Jews who had come along with her were also weeping, he was deeply moved in spirit and troubled. ‘Where have you laid him?’ he asked. ‘Come and see, Lord,’ they replied. Jesus wept. Then the Jews said, ‘See how he loved him!’’ - (John 11:33-36).

      From 1985 to the end of 2009, I was destined and chosen by Jesus to be the vicar of St. Thomas Syrian Orthodox Church in Chennai. By the grace and vision of God, the church had initiated a loving mission to serve the people, to uplift them in spirit, to look after all their spiritual, physical and mental needs. By the hard work and mite of the faithful church members, we could set up a beautiful modern church building. We also acquired 7 acres of land in a place called Redhills for Charity work, and there we had a home for the destitute, a mission hospital for the poor and a 20,000 sq. feet building for the palliative care for cancer patients. I was dreaming to spend all my future life to serving the people in Chennai and be the witness to Jesus by serving the poor. But like a bolt from the blue, my hopes were dashed by the manipulative schemes of some people. By the initiation of the hierarchy, I was forced to come out penniless and jobless. In those dark hours in my life, I cried bitterly to balm out the excruciating pain. I found myself crying even in front of strangers and friends. The mere thought of that betrayal and loss brings tears to my eyes even now. My tears and the tears of those who are in solidarity with me balm out my pain by the presence of Jesus who cried with Martha, Maria and a large number of Jews in the tomb of his fried Lazar.

      Prayer: Jesus let us cry for our sins, sorrows and pains. Forgive those who cheat, betray, hurt and inflict pain on us. Do forgive them. We pray for our enemies who do not know what they are doing. All we ask in the name of Jesus. Amen.

      Love

      Paulose Achen
      Toronto
      Saturday, 8th September 2012