Our Daily Bread- Tuning In

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 6, 2012
      READ: John 10:1-10

      When he brings out his own sheep, he goes before them; and the sheep follow him, for they know his voice. John 10:4

      I don't know if this is true in every marriage, but for some reason I
      have a tendency to tune out everything around me and concentrate on my
      own thoughts. This is especially frustrating to my wife, Martie, when
      she is talking to me about something important. When she notices the
      distant look in my eyes, she often says, Have you heard anything I've
      said?�
      Listening is an important part of any relationship, especially in our
      relationship with Christ. If we belong to Him, we have the privilege of
      communing with Him through His Word and the work of the Holy Spirit in
      our hearts. We know we are paying attention to the true Shepherd when
      His voice leads us to righteousness, love, grace, and all that is
      consistent with His character and will. As Jesus made clear when He
      identified Himself as the good Shepherd� in John 10, those who
      diligently listen to Him become devoted followers of Him (v.4) who are
      becoming transformed into His likeness.
      Just as listening attentively to your spouse or a friend communicates value
      and worth, paying close attention to the voice of Jesus is one way to
      affirm His importance in your life. So, let's cast aside the
      distractions of life, tune in to His voice, and pray for the grace to do what He says. - Joe Stowell
      I would be prayerful through each busy moment;
      I would be constantly in touch with God;
      I would be tuned to hear His slightest whisper;
      I would have faith to keep the path Christ trod. Walter
      Listening to Jesus is the first step to following Him.