Today with Jesus

  • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 5, 2012
      Today with Jesus

      “I am the Lord’s servant.” (Luke 1:38) - St. Mary, the Mother of our Lord and God, Jesus.

      Neil Armstrong after stepping on the moon - “A small step for man and a giant leap for mankind.”

      There is nobody like St. Mary who has humbled himself/herself on earth among human beings. Although she was bearing the God of all the universe in her womb, she was told to be the Lord’s servant. And till her departure from this world, she kept that simplicity and humbleness. We are living in a world of personality cult where all glory, credit and power is for Man, and not for God. We are called to bear witness to Jesus Christ, our saviour and Lord to worship Him as St. Mary did. Let Jesus’ name be glorified in all our works by humbling ourselves.

      Neil Alden Armstrong, first man on the moon, died on August 25th, 2012 at 82. Who does not like to be called a hero? He points out that it takes hundreds of thousands of backroom engineers, mathematicians and technicians to make space flights possible. He is right too: at the height of its pomp, in 1996, NASA was spending 4.4% of the American government’s budget, providing jobs for 400,000 people. It was about those workers Neil Armstrong was thinking of when as commander of Apollo 11, the first mission that landed men on moon on July 20th 1969, he emerged from the lunar module to talk of small steps for man and giant leaps for mankind. He had never been chosen to be the first, he would explain in his gently slow spoken, Midwestern way; he had simply been chosen to command that particular flight. He spent his final years on his farm in rural Ohio and even his funeral was a private affair with a few of his relatives and friends as he wished.

      Prayer: Jesus, let us humble ourselves and remember that all glory and power belongs to you. Let us be your witness by serving others as you commanded. St. Mary, pray for us to save this earth from all sins and wrongs of humanity. We pray for all the people on earth to live in simplicity and humbleness like Neil Armstrong. All we ask in the name of Jesus. Amen.

      Love

      Paulose Achen
      Toronto
      Thursday, 6th September 2012