Re: Church publications and low subscriptions...Are we doing it wrong wa

  • Babu David
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 3, 2012
      Dear Moderator

      Please refer to Mr.Vinay's above referred posting Vinay please let me know from which church you belong to and how many sundays you stand in front of the church with any of the church publication. I am an organizer of Vishwasasamrakshakan  from the last 4-5 years in a Metropolitan City . There are around 250-300 members in my church. But I have only 40 members subscribing the same. You dont know how I am managing this in our church. A part from this we have one Diocesion publication also. You mentioned in the posting that people wont care shelling Rs.20 or Rs.30 on articles twice a month, if those articles are readily available to them after the mass. The yearly subscription of the samrashakan in outside kerala is Rs.200/-  I am deliverying the same by hand in our church every 3rd-4th sunday. I am getting it by courier.

      It is very easy to write in the forums but those who dealing with the public know the ground reality. We have so many White Colour Guys in our churches but these guys never spend a single peny for these publications.

      Regards.

      Babu David