Today with Jesus

  • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
    Message 1 of 442 , Sep 4, 2012
      Today with Jesus

      “For to me, living is for Christ, and
      dying is even better.” (Philippines 1:21)

      “My end, my beginning”- last words of Mary Queen of Scots
      before being beheaded by an axe.

      Material wealth and triumph on this
      earth are not the promises of Jesus for exchange of faith. But this is an anti-Christian bargain
      being propagated by the stakeholders for filling their coffers and hoodwinking
      the innocent people. Jesus promises eternity by the resurrection of the
      believers into his kingdom where there is eternal bliss. Here on earth, the
      Christians are promised heavenly peace in the midst of all the tears of life .
      “Peace I leave with you: my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world
      gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.” ( John 14:27)
      – the promise of His presence till we pass from this sinful earth. Here on
      earth, we have to live for Christ to spread his love and salvation by leading a
      righteous life and leave from this earth to his kingdom for an eternity.

      Christians are in effect, a thin
      ray of light from the great sunshine that is eternity and life in heaven with
      God. “My end”, as Mary Queen of Scots had it, is “my beginning .” And her end was at the sharp point of an
      axe, as she was beheaded on the orders of her half sister, Queen Elizabeth 1.
      Queen Mary was certain that there was an existence beyond that on earth, as
      have been myriad Christians since the time of Christ.

      Prayer: Jesus,
      let your children be filled with your Holy Spirit and be at peace in all
      tribulations, sickness, persecution, tears and death. We pray for all those who
      are on the verge of death to pass from this earth with great promises of
      eternity with eternal peace and joy. Let us not be troubled and afraid of this
      earth and life's challenges. All we ask in the name of Jesus. Amen.

      Love

      Paulose
      Achen
      Toronto