- Today for Jesus “But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal.” (MathewMessage 1 of 442 , Sep 3, 2012View SourceToday for Jesus
“But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal.” (Mathew 6:20)
“Beware you be not swallowed up in books! An ounce of love is worth a pound of knowledge.” -
Love shown by deeds, is love indeed, just not love in mere words. God became flesh and lived among men to demonstrate his love for eternity. And he ended his earthly journey on the Cross leaving behind no worldly possessions. We are living in a world where the name of Jesus is being used to amass wealth. By doing so, we are forgetting the message of Jesus, and proclaiming that eternity is fanciful and farce? And that life after death is unreal and non-existent? If yes, are we (Christians) not the cause for all the unrest, war, strife, natural calamities. Real Christianity is to leave everything for Christ and take his Cross and follow him.
John Wesley (1703-1791), the great reformer of Christianity in UK and the man behind the social welfare system and the abolition of slavery in the world left no worldly possessions when he died. It is estimated that Wesley rode more than 250,000 miles on horseback to preach, visit the needy, and spread the word of social progress and Christian truth. He also spent a fortune in charity. In a single year, for example, in which he earned the modern equivalent of $1.4 million, Wesley kept a mere 2% for himself to live on, and gave the other 98% to deserving causes. He is estimated to have earned more than $30 million in his life in his secular job, but at the time of his death in 1791, he had only a handful of coins and a few silver spoons.
Prayer: Let us be truthful to your message of eternal life. Let us work towards amassing wealth in heaven . Let us use our earthly jobs, wealth and talents to also spread your love in deed by nursing the sick, helping the poor widows and orphans and be available to others in their times of need. We pray for many more people like John Wesley, to help spread the word of God. All we ask in the name of Jesus. Amen.
Monday, 4th September 2012
- Today with Jesus “Leave these men alone! Let them go.” (Acts 5:38) · The sign of the Cross on the television tower in Berlin : “The sign of unbeatableMessage 442 of 442 , Oct 16, 2012View SourceToday with Jesus
“Leave these men alone! Let them go.” (Acts 5:38)
The sign of the Cross on the television tower in Berlin : “The
sign of unbeatable sign of worship,”- Ronald Regan, President of USA in 1987.
Till the passing of
the present earth and heaven, Christ, his Cross and its principles would be
valued and be in proclamation for the salvation of the world. No power on earth
can wipe out the eternal truth of God from the face of this earth. It is always
better not to fight and antagonize Christ and his principles. When Peter and other disciples were put in
jail to be punished by the assembly of Jews, the great respected learned
teacher, Gamaliel, advised them,
"Let them go! For if their purpose or activity is of human origin, it will
fail. But if it is from God, you will not be able to stop these men; you will
only find yourselves fighting against God” -(Acts 5:38&39). It is an universal law for a smooth peaceful
way of co-operative living on earth.
After the second world
war, Berlin was under Communist government. Most of the churches and its
symbols were destroyed to crush the faith in Jesus. To show the power and
strength of atheism and communism, Walter Ulbech, the head of communist
Germany, constructed the tallest television tower in Germany. On top of the
tower is a stainless steel globe in rotation.
As soon as the construction was over,
everyone was shocked to find a shining and glittering sign of a cross on
the globe from top to bottom. The sun's rays shone on the globe from all sides
making the cross to glitter. The
engineers tried all their might to erase it, but in vain. Still it is there to proclaim to the world
that the cross is our salvation.
Conscience question: Are we in a fight against Christ and
his teachings by our actions of projecting and selling ourselves for self-glorification?
Prayer: Jesus, let us be the promoters of your signs
and symbols of your sacrifice on the cross for our salvation and eternity. Let
us not be destroyers, but custodians of your teachings. We pray for all those
who are in the ministry to spread your good news of salvation on the cross. Let
all those who believe in you be in salvation and the fighters against you be in
conversion. All we ask in the name of Jesus. Amen.
16th October 2012