Today with Jesus

  • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
    Message 1 of 442 , Sep 2, 2012
      Today with Jesus

      “Do you see this woman? I entered your house; you gave me no water for my feet, but she has wet my feet with her tears and wiped them with her hair. You gave me no kiss, but from the time I came in she has not ceased to kiss my feet. You did not anoint my head with oil, but she has anointed my feet with ointment. Therefore I tell you, her sins, which are many, are forgiven - for she loved much. But he who is forgiven little, loves little.” (Luke 7:44,47)

      Practices love of Jesus by waving a 20 dollar bill to an old mother who is in distress in a mall counter.

      When in Simon's house, Jesus the guest, was neglected by Simon who did not give Him the kiss of welcome, and the washing and anointing of His feet. Jesus asked, "Do you see this woman? Do you see that she is the one who offers the kiss? She is the one who bathes the feet and anoints them with oil. She is the one who practices the presence of Jesus. This embarrassing display of public affection by a “fallen woman” revealed God’s own divine image and love. And Jesus saw it. He saw her pass on the cure of love in a context of neglect. Simon saw bad, Jesus saw good. Simon was blind to the fact that if you want to please God. who is loving and forgiving, you have to have more than theology in your head. You need God’s loving and forgiving heart as a lens to see by. We should risk seeing others in distress through Jesus’ eyes.

      An elderly mother finding herself short of cash in the checkout line at the grocery store was timely helped by a stranger. She reached out for her credit card, but could not find it. She was embarrassed and did not know what to do. Suddenly she heard a voice, "Would this help you?” A young woman was waving a 20 dollar bill in her hand. She accepted the bill with the condition that she would return it. The next day, she wrote a thank you letter and sent back the money. Two days later, she received this reply:

      "You really made my day. I’m glad I could help. I try to treat everyone as if they are all my family. In God’s eyes, we are. I work in the field of nuclear medicine. Feel free to look me up sometime if you are at the hospital. I would like to buy you a cup of coffee. God bless you. And may he keep you safe.

      P.S. I want you to know I will never cash that check.

      Practice the presence of God because practice is all it takes to have Christ’s presence in this world.

      Prayer: Jesus, let us see others through your eyes of love without judgement. Let us see the immediate needs of our next door people. Let nobody go to bed in want of anything. Let us practice Christianity in our day-to-day lives by simple deeds of love. Let your presence be felt by everybody. We pray for all those who see others in thy eyes, as the young woman. All we ask in the name of Jesus. Amen.

      Love
      Paulose Achen
      Toronto
      Monday, 3rd September2012