Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1439 , Sep 2, 2012
      "Knowledge comes like light from the sun. The foolish man through lack of faith or laziness deliberately closes his eyes - that is, his faculty of choice - and at once consigns the knowledge to oblivion because in his indolence he fails to put it into practice. For folly leads to indolence, and this in turn begets inertia and hence forgetfulness. Forgetfulness breeds self-love - the love of one's own will and thoughts which is equivalent to the love of pleasure and praise. From self-love comes avarice, the root of all evils (cf. 1 Tim. 6:10), for it entangles us in worldly concerns and in this way leads to complete unawareness of God's gifts and of our own faults."

      St. Peter of Damaskos.

      "We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 1439 of 1439 , Jul 28

        "The bread and wine our Lord made Body and Blood; which (thing) Melchizedek also thus depicted mystically. The high priest who was more excellent than Abraham sacrificed bread and wine to God, and nothing besides; and he taught the earth that the bread and wine is the Body and Blood which the Son of God gave to the world to be pardoned withal; and on the eve of the passion the Mystery shone forth from our Savior, who broke His Body and gave to His Apostles, as we have said."

           Mar Jacob of Serugh.

        "For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse."  Romans 1:20

        Prayer Requests:

        AA and her kids
        MB - 7/28-30
        Emad