Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 2023 , Sep 2, 2012
      "Knowledge comes like light from the sun. The foolish man through lack of faith or laziness deliberately closes his eyes - that is, his faculty of choice - and at once consigns the knowledge to oblivion because in his indolence he fails to put it into practice. For folly leads to indolence, and this in turn begets inertia and hence forgetfulness. Forgetfulness breeds self-love - the love of one's own will and thoughts which is equivalent to the love of pleasure and praise. From self-love comes avarice, the root of all evils (cf. 1 Tim. 6:10), for it entangles us in worldly concerns and in this way leads to complete unawareness of God's gifts and of our own faults."

      St. Peter of Damaskos.

      "We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 2023 of 2023 , Jan 7 5:22 PM
        CHRIST IS BORN! GLORIFY HIM!

        "He lay in a manger, a child newly born: tiny in body, abject in poverty. But in this Child something great lay hidden, of which these, the first-fruits of the Gentiles, had learned, not from earthly rumor, but from heavenly revelation. Hence we have: We have seen His Star in the East. They announce, yet they ask; they believe, and yet they seek to know: as though prefiguring those who walk by faith, yet still desire to see."

        St. Augustine of Hippo.

        ------------------------------ -----------------

        "His name shall endure forever; His name shall continue as long as the sun. And men shall be blessed in Him; All nations shall call Him blessed."  Psalm 72:17

        ------------------------------ -----------------

        The Bible reading for the 30th of Kiahk, January 8, is:
        1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. 5 And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it. 6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. 7 This man came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all through him might believe. 8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light. 9 That was the true Light which gives light to every man coming into the world. 10 He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him. 11 He came to His own, and His own did not receive Him. 12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name: 13 who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. (John 1:1-13)
        Departure of St. John, Archpriest of Scetis.

        The Bible reading for the 1st of Tubah, January 9, is: Luke 10:1-20
        Martyrdom of St. Stephen the Archdeacon.
        Martyrdom of St. Lawindianus (Leontius).

        ------------------------------ -----------------

        Prayer Requests:

        Peter - Guidance and peace.
        Awad, L.
        Iskaros.
        Urgent: Teresa - serious complications from diabetes.
        Jessenia W - Bipolar depression.
        Urgent: Amal - Cancer.
        Tony H. - Cancer.
        C's uncle - Stage 4 cancer.