Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1368 , Sep 2, 2012
      "Knowledge comes like light from the sun. The foolish man through lack of faith or laziness deliberately closes his eyes - that is, his faculty of choice - and at once consigns the knowledge to oblivion because in his indolence he fails to put it into practice. For folly leads to indolence, and this in turn begets inertia and hence forgetfulness. Forgetfulness breeds self-love - the love of one's own will and thoughts which is equivalent to the love of pleasure and praise. From self-love comes avarice, the root of all evils (cf. 1 Tim. 6:10), for it entangles us in worldly concerns and in this way leads to complete unawareness of God's gifts and of our own faults."

      St. Peter of Damaskos.

      "We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 1368 of 1368 , Apr 19 7:52 PM

        CHRIST IS RISEN! TRULY HE IS RISEN!

        "Long ago, the wily one cast his weapon and wounded Adam and killed him; Indeed, he completely destroyed the weak man. But now, even if he struck the bodies of the noble men, he did not destroy their spirits. He persuaded the first-created man to fall by words, but not even by deeds, the noble ones. Bewitching the former, he made promises; he made offers to the latter: For Adam, the making of a god; for the martyrs, honor. He offers what he does not have; he suggests bestowing things not in his authority. Therefore, saints, having shattered his scheme, You gained crowns."

           St. Romanos the Melodist.

        "And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell."  Matthew 10:28

        Prayer Requests:

        John B. - Peace
        M & M - Strong faith
        Mina, I.