Today with Jesus

  • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
    Message 1 of 442 , Sep 1, 2012
      Today with Jesus

      “It broke His heart.” (Genesis 6:6)

      God really cried in the morgue at New York Hospital for the victims of September 11.

      In Genesis 6, God grieves over the mess his most loved ones have made. Amidst the mess, he finds one man who is different: Noah, the ark builder, who rides the flood of God’s tears for 40 days and nights. Yes, it is poetic licence to say that God rained tears, cleansing the earth and flooding out all that was causing him unspeakable pain and sorrow. But look at what happened. After the mournful rain, God was free to re-create a joyful new beginning. A new day begins with blessings and the promise that "as long as the earth endures,” the Creator’s mercy will never cease" - (Genesis 8:22). “Weeping may stay for the night, but rejoicing comes in the morning” - (Psalm 30:5).

      This happened after the September 11 incident. In January 2003, Rev. Parker and her colleagues were working at the morgue in New York City’s Bellevue Hospital. They were sorting through the exploded remains of the September 11 victims. As they worked, each one independently and repeatedly reported a repetitive noise that they couldn’t explain. Each one interpreted this low, mournful sound as that of “GOD CRYING”. When asked to explain why God might be weeping, Parker replied, “My sense was that those whom he loved the dearest, had been ravaged, hated and destroyed by those whom he loved the dearest.”

      Prayer: Jesus, put an end to the acts of terrorism and murder. Jesus, come soon. Let us hear loudly and clearly the sobbing sound of our dear Lord for the sins and atrocities of your dearest children. May the perpetrators repent and turn to you. Let your mercy flow like a river. We pray for all the victims of terrorism, exploitation and murder. All we ask in the name of Jesus. Amen.

      Love

      Paulose Achen
      Toronto
      Sunday, 2nd September 2012