Re: Alas! At last Shifting the Patriarcate.

  • SOCM Moderators
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 31, 2012
      RE: Alas! At last Shifting the Patriarcate.

      The report on shifting the Patriarchate to Labanon was based on a Mangalam Malayalam News Paper report. There is no confirmation from any higher authority of the church regarding the plan for the shift of Patriarchate. We apologize if the news created a confusion among the readers. We reproduce our news here to emphasize the lack of confirmation on the subject we mentioned in the news.

      "As per the UNCONFIRMED report, the scheduled Holy Synod at St. Jacob monastery in Atchaneh, Lebanon will be an Universal Synod of Holy Syriac Orthodox Church. Holy Synod is scheduled to Start from September 10th, 2012. Many important decisions will be taken at the Holy Synod including the shifting of Patriarchate from Syria to Lebanon. It was in 1978 the Patriarchate was last shifted from Lebanon to Syria"

      No further discussion will be entertained on this subject until any decision is taken by the Holy Synod and officially declare it.

      Thank you for the cooperation.
      In Our Lord's Love
      Moderators, SOCM Forum