Today with Jesus

  • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
    Message 1 of 442 , Aug 31, 2012
      “Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up.” (Luke :18:1)

      Set prayer times saves a life.

      Prayer is man's breath of life on earth. The spirit of those who do not pray regularly at the set times, are malnourished. Prayer brightens everyone by spreading the light and enlightening the surroundings near and far. There is a time set aside for prayers in all religions. Our church has set times to pray seven times a day. “Always” does not mean we should pray every single minute of the day. "Always” means that we should be faithful to our regular time of prayers in good times and bad times, immaterial of how or where we are.

      When H.G. Pampady Thirumeni - (Kuriakose Mor Geevarghese) was 28 years old, his life was saved by the midnight prayer. He was very particular and adamant about praying seven times a day on time. He was staying in a small two-storey wooden building in the church campus. One night, his house was on fire. When he got up for his midnight prayers, he saw that his roof was on fire and jumped down through the window. Soon, the building was reduced to a heap of ashes. His getting up at that time to say his prayers had saved his life.

      Prayer: Let us always connect to you by our set times to pray. Let all the prayer warriors be blessed. Let our homes and churches be the centers spreading the goodness of prayers and its effectiveness. Let our homes, countries and the world be saved from destruction by the people who pray on time with holiness and love . All we ask in the name of Jesus. Amen.

      Love

      Paulose Achen
      Toronto
      Saturday, 1st September 2012