Our Daily Bread- Until You Are Full

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 29, 2012
      READ: John 6:25-29

      I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst. —John 6:35

      A friend who lives in Singapore told me about an old Chinese greeting.
      Instead of “How are you?” people would ask “Have you eaten until you are full?” The greeting likely originated during a time when food was
      scarce and many people did not know when they would have their next
      meal. When food was available, it was advisable to eat until they were
      full.
      After Jesus miraculously fed 5,000 people with five loaves and two small fish (John 6:1-13), the crowd followed Him wanting more (vv.24-26). The Lord told them not to work for physical food that spoils, but “for the food
      which endures to everlasting life, which the Son of Man will give you . . . . I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and
      he who believes in Me shall never thirst” (vv.27,35).
      As followers of Jesus, we should help those who lack adequate physical
      nutrition. And with all, we can share the good news that our hunger for
      inner peace, forgiveness, and hope can be satisfied by knowing Christ
      the Lord.
      Jesus Christ, the bread of life, invites us to come to Him for His feast for
      the soul, urging us to eat until we are full. —David McCasland
      Thank You, Jesus, that You call out to those
      who are weary and thirsty and say, “Come to Me
      and be filled.” We are hungry and are thankful
      that You satisfy us. Amen.
      There is a longing in every heart that only Jesus can satisfy.