Today with Jesus

  • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
    Message 1 of 442 , Aug 28, 2012
      Today with Jesus

      “ When you obey me you should say,” We are unworthy servants who have simply done our duty.”( Luke 17:10)

      Lost all for Jesus , then said he never made sacrifice!

      Any types of pride is dangerous and that is the beginning for a fall. When we contemplate our lives and sacrifices on earth we understand the meaningless of all our boasting and pride . Yet if we humble ourselves and give glory , power and kingdom and credit to Jesus then we could experience the falling of mist of heavenly blessings, for us and the world around us. If we obey God and sacrifice our lives for him, we have only done our duty and we should regard it as privilege. Do you sometimes feel that you deserve extra credit for serving God? Jesus is not rendering our service as meaningless or useless, nor is doing away with rewards but the reality of eternal glory.

      David Livingstone who worked 12 hours at the age of 10 in a local cotton mill. In between sleep and work he studied and became a medical missionary and went to Africa the land of cannibals and darkness. He was physically attacked, was denounced, and had his property stolen and destroyed and his home fire bombed. It was something that never concerned him. Speaking to a meeting of students at Cambridge University, he said: People talk about the sacrifice I have made in spending so much of my life in Africa. Can that be called a sacrifice which is simply paid back as a small part of a great debt owing to our ,God, which we can never repay? It is emphatically no sacrifice.. Say rather it is a privilege. Anxiety, sickness, suffering or danger now and then with a forgoing of the common conveniences and charities of this life, may make us pause and cause the spirit to waver and the soul to sink; but let this only be for a moment. All these are nothing when compared with eth glory which=h shall be revealed in and for us. I never made a sacrifice.

      Prayer. Jesus, we pray for all those who are suffering for you in their body and spirit. Let you be the comforter. Let the tormentors be withdraw. Let us have the spirit to humble ourselves and to say we have done only our duty . Let 100 folds be given to those who lost their life and property for the sake of you. All we ask in the name of Jesus. Amen.

      Love

      Paulose Achen

      Toronto
      Wednesday 29August 2012