Re: [SOCM-FORUM] Re: British Library Syriac MSS

  • Thomas V.M
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 18, 2002
      Dear freind,
      This is not theology.This is just psycology.What I see
      is a sort of mixed hatred.Like ,your loved thing in
      with someone.You are burning with that feeling.Inside
      you the genetic jacobite feeling is there.But now you
      have taken up the new indian orthodox identity.
      Which you yourself feel is not the real one.Step
      Father cannot be the real father.
      So ddonot fight this false fight you get hurt.
      What we were taught by our fathers are to be believed
      and accepted.There is nothing better outside.We are
      thomas,mathais,kuriakose etc from the day xtians are
      in Kerala.I donot want bto change names.
      Regards

      --- thomas_pa1 <thomas_pa1@...> wrote:
      > Dear Achen, Forgive me. Don't give me any special
      > respect because
      > my parent if from Malankara Jacobite side. Treat me
      > just like
      > you want to treat a Malankara Orthodox Christian or
      > the way you
      > want to treat an Indian Christian.
      Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail!
      http://promo.yahoo.com/videomail/
    • thomas_pa1
      Message 2 of 16 , Jan 21, 2002
        But now you
        > have taken up the new indian orthodox identity.
        > Which you yourself feel is not the real one.Step
        > Father cannot be the real father.
        > So ddonot fight this false fight you get hurt.
        > What we were taught by our fathers are to be believed
        > and accepted.There is nothing better outside.We are
        > thomas,mathais,kuriakose etc from the day xtians are
        > in Kerala.I donot want bto change names.
        > Regards

        Names like Oommen, Chacko, etc. are pure Indian names.
        We started using English first names only after
        CMS missionaries in India. Before this we used names
        like Chandy, Itty, Kochummen, chacko etc. You will not
        find such names in any other part of the world. Regarding
        ancestry, it is well written in my family history (the Pakalomattom
        one) that our ancestor was an Indian Brahmin. So there
        is no confusion here.

        But, in Orthodox confession, ethnicity is not important.
        This means equal importance to all ethnicities without
        reecting one's own God given identity. Our Indian identity
        is God given and hence blessed. We remember Coptic fathers
        like St. Cyril, St. Diascoros, not because of their Coptic
        ethincity, but because of their faith.

        There is no mixed emotions or confusion here. My confusion
        is about the way chevaliers's behaved to me in Kerala.
        As a young man, I am too worried about these chevaliers'
        splitting Malankara church for personal gains and destroying
        their real identiy. Knanaya is now going away based on their
        Syrian identity.

        Pray and work for unity based on Orthodox confession. One Malankara
        Synod is better than numerous divisions. I want all relatives to be
        under one Holy Synod. This will bring lots of peace in family
        life.

        Thomas