Alas! At last Shifting the Patriarcate.

  • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 24, 2012
      Alas! At last shifting the Patriarchate.

      Last 2 years in different forums in particular SOCM, I have been
      highlighting the imminent danger of pressing to keep our Patriarchate in Damascus and having been faced the brickbats from the so-called faithful. Now at last it seems that the eyes of the stakeholders are opened to shift the HQs from Damascus to Lebanon. Thanks Jesus.

      Still I have the reservation. In any types of hobnobbing and marrying with the Islamic countries and the Muslims were not, are not, and will not help the Christians to stand for Christ, the Only True God.

      If so to shift it, it is better to some free countries like USA, Sweden, Switzerland, Greece, India-Kerala, Canada etc. A dialogue with Greek orthodox is an ideal time now because Greece is in the thrush hold of 3 continents -Asia, Europe and Africa, close to Jerusalem, not far away from Antioch, Damascus, Lebanon and India (immediate accessibility to Malankara Jacobite Christians at large) if we have a good number of our people there.

      Paulose Achen Toronto
      001-416-505-0107
      Vicar-Jerusalem Mortho Mariam Syriac Orthodox Church
      72 Birchmount Rd Scarborough ON M1N 3J6 Canada
      vvpaulose@...
    • George Kurian
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 26, 2012
        Paulose Achen Shlomo I suggest that the Antiochean Head Office be shifted to Malankara in Ernakulam a central place for all to reach from anywhere.

        George Kurian
        ID:4857
      • SOCM Moderators
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 31, 2012
          RE: Alas! At last Shifting the Patriarcate.

          The report on shifting the Patriarchate to Labanon was based on a Mangalam Malayalam News Paper report. There is no confirmation from any higher authority of the church regarding the plan for the shift of Patriarchate. We apologize if the news created a confusion among the readers. We reproduce our news here to emphasize the lack of confirmation on the subject we mentioned in the news.

          "As per the UNCONFIRMED report, the scheduled Holy Synod at St. Jacob monastery in Atchaneh, Lebanon will be an Universal Synod of Holy Syriac Orthodox Church. Holy Synod is scheduled to Start from September 10th, 2012. Many important decisions will be taken at the Holy Synod including the shifting of Patriarchate from Syria to Lebanon. It was in 1978 the Patriarchate was last shifted from Lebanon to Syria"

          No further discussion will be entertained on this subject until any decision is taken by the Holy Synod and officially declare it.

          Thank you for the cooperation.
          In Our Lord's Love
          Moderators, SOCM Forum