Let there be light

  • Shibu Luke Podiyan
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 13 11:04 PM
      Let there be light

      Gen. 1:2-4: In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters. Then God said, Let there be light�; and there was light. And God saw the light, that it was good; and God divided the light from the darkness.

      May this Word, Let there be light,� be spoken in our heart, this morning, and every morning, O the Father of lights, Ja. 1:17. May it be morning always in our heart, Lord, the morning of your light: Your Word, your Spirit, and your Life. May your light fill this earthen vessel, the light of the New Creation. Your life is our light, Lord Jesus (John 1:4), you are our life, Col.3:4. Amen.

      Just as God's work of creation began with Let there be light,� His work of New Creation in us also begins with Let there be light, Christ being our light, John 1:4: In Him was life, and the life was the light of men� - note light and life are inseparable. [light = light of our conscience + light of the Word + light that God is, 1 John 1:5]. Just as life on earth is sustained by sun's light, our life in Christ is sustained by the light that He is, and the light that His Word is. When we have Christ as our life & our light, all sin in our life is judged [God divided the light from the darkness. Thus we abide in contrition of heart, and in fellowship with God & with all saints, 1 John 1:7.

      Desiring to have Christ as my life and my light,

      Bro.Shibu Luke Podiyan
      Washington,D.C.