Rev. Fr. Dr. Prince Mannathoor visited His Holiness Pope Benedict XVI.

  • SOCM Moderators
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 9, 2012
      Rev. Fr. Dr. Prince Mannathoor visited His Holiness Pope Benedict XVI.

      The former vicar of Switzerland, Florence, Netherlands and Rome Jacobite Syrian Churches, Rev. Fr. Dr. Prince Mannathoor visited His Holiness Pope Benedict XVI. H. H. Pope congratulated Rev. Fr. Dr. Prince Mannathoor who got Doctorate from Pontifical Oriental University, Rome. During that meeting H. H. Pope highlighted about the ecumenical relation between the Roman Catholic Church and Syriac Orthodox Church. Moreover Pope reminded that both the sisterly Churches should get closer to grow more in faith and love in Christ.

      After completing studies in Rome, Rev. Fr. Dr. Prince is serving as a lecturer in Malankara Syrian Orthodox Theological Seminary, Mulanthuruthy.

      Rev. Fr. Dr. Prince Mannathoor is a member of this forum since 2008 and shared many of his papers with members.

      Photo @
      https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=328393960587371&set=a.160489414044494.37543.159423580817744&type=1&theater
    • Chev.Babu Jacob Nadayil
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 10, 2012
        Dear All,

        First of all, thank you Lord for your servant, our dear Rev.Dr.Prince Mannathoor Achen.

        Nobody in this world is born as a leader, a soldier, an orator, an educator, a singer, a writer or any of that kind of an individual. Think of the thorny path they traveled to reach the peak. Visualize the efforts of a mountaineer; how many times he/she slipped and fell, how many times he/she got injured, how many instances the mind whispered to give up and return home; insults and accusations by fellow beings were not rare, long long period of sleeplessness, loneliness and discouragement, the nature he/she was born in stood against as tall as one could imagine and so on...

        As far as I now dear Prince Achen, the path he traveled was not at all a comfortable one. One thing for sure, the Mighty One is holding Achen with the encouragement to proceed. Carry on dear Achen...it was His mission that brought you to this world. It is His love that is wrapping around you and safeguarding you for His purpose all these years. Praise & glory only belong to Him, Amen.

        A humble note of reason for responding to the subjected message: "We should be brave to acknowledge the goodness in others and we should not fan out the news about a stain or minus in others but to pray for God's intervention".

        With best regards,

        Chev.Babu Jacob Nadayil,