Our Daily Bread: Always

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 6, 2012
      READ: 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18

      We shall always be with the Lord. Therefore comfort one another with these words. 1 Thessalonians. 4:17-18

      I love the words always and never. They hold so much hope! I would like to think that I could always be happy and that life would never fail me. But reality says that I won't always be happy and that the things I hope would never happen just might. So, as good as these words sound, they struggle to live up to their potential unless you are thinking about the promise of Jesus presence.

      To a group of troubled disciples who feared facing life on their own Jesus said, I am with you always� (Matt. 28:20). The writer to the Hebrews reminds us that Jesus said, I will never leave you nor forsake you. So we may boldly say: The Lord is my helper; I will not fear (Heb. 13:5-6). And the apostle Paul assures believers that after death, We shall always be with the Lord� (1 Thess. 4:17). How encouraging!

      No matter how scary our journey may feel today or how hopeless our future may look, the assurance of His never-failing presence can provide us with the courage and comfort to make it through. And best of all, when this short life is over, we will always be with Him. No wonder Paul encourages us to comfort one another with these words (v.18). Joe Stowell

      Jesus said He's always with us,
      He will never leave our side;
      Someday we'll be in His presence
      Where forever we'll abide. Sper

      Confidence in God's presence is our comfort.