Church Father Clement (A.D. 30 – 100) on Love

  • Shibu Luke podiyan
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 6, 2012
      Church Father Clement (A.D. 30 100) on Love

      By love have all the elect of God have been made perfect; without love nothing is well-pleasing to God. …All the generations from Adam to this day have passed away; but those who, through the grace of God, have been made perfect in love, now possesses a place among the godly, and shall be made manifest at the revelation of the kingdom of Christ….Blessed are we, beloved, if we keep the commandments of God in the harmony of love.
      Clement (A.D. 30 100) seems to have been at Philippi with Paul, A.D. 57

      The First Epistle of Clement to the Corinthians, the Ante-Nicene Fathers Vol. 1

      [Note: As we meditate on the sufferings and death of Christ, our hearts are drawn deeper into God's love, and farther into love for one another. The Holy Spirit fills our heart with God's love, Rom. 5:5. Such love satisfies to the fullest, and keeps us in harmony with God; and, by God’s grace, we are being perfected in love. If we humble ourselves before God, and focus on Christ's sufferings for us, God will perfect us in love.] 07 09 2012}

      Thankful for your prayers,

      Shibu Luke podiyan
      Washington,D.C