Our Daily Bread: But God

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2012
      READ: Romans 5:8-11

      But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

      Howard Sugden, my pastor when I was in college, preached many memorable sermons. After all these years, the one titled But God . . .� still makes me stop whenever I come to those words in the Bible. Here are a few examples of verses that encourage me with the reminder of God's righteous intervention in human affairs:

      You meant evil against me; but God meant it for good, in order to . . . save many people alive� (Gen. 50:20).

      Their beauty shall be consumed in the grave . . . . But God will redeem my soul from the power of the grave” (Ps. 49:14-15).

      My flesh and my heart fail; but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever” (Ps. 73:26).

      For scarcely for a righteous man will one die; yet perhaps for a good man someone would even dare to die. But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us” (Rom. 5:7-8).

      Eye has not seen, nor ear heard . . . the things which God has prepared for those who love Him. But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit� (1 Cor. 2:9-10).

      Whenever you feel discouraged, look up some but God� verses and be reassured of God's involvement in the lives of those who love Him. Julie Ackerman
      Link
      Creator of the universe
      Who reigns in awesome majesty:
      How can it be that You're involved
      With such a one as me? Sper
      God's involvement in our lives should reassure us of His love.