Humbly Exalted

  • Rev John Brian
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2012
      Humbly Exalted

      LISTEN ON-LINE HERE:
      http://frjohbrian.blogspot.com/2012/07/humbly-exalted.html

      "He who exalts himself will be humbled; and he who humbles himself will be exalted." Luke 14

      Fr John Brian discusses humility and the lessons of Jesus Christ. In what may seem like a paradox or a play of words, there is a central pillar of the church and Christian spiritual development. Without this fundamental teaching, hypocrisy would run rampant through the hierarchy and among the followers of Christ - as they would say they believe but then act in non-belief.

      Without humility, none of us could follow the way of Christ that was shown to the world 2,000 years ago and is still relevant today. Without humility, we are easily manipulated and deceived due to our conceit.

      May the Lord have mercy on us.

      This sermon uses and refers to scripture readings appointed by the Syrian Malankara calendar and was given on Sunday, July 29, 2012 by Fr. John-Brian Paprock at Holy Transfiguration Orthodox Mission Chapel, Madison, Wisconsin.

      Please, as you are inspired, pray for us and help us.