Our Daily Bread: Recall Notioce

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31 8:51 AM
      READ: Acts 3:13-21

      Repent . . . that your sins may be blotted out. Acts 3:19

      In 2010, auto manufacturers recalled a staggering 20 million cars in the US for various defects. The thought of such a large number of defective cars on the road is startling enough. But what is more disturbing is the apathy of some owners. In one instance, the executive director of the Center for Auto Safety warned owners, It's a free repair. Get it done. It may save your life.� Yet, despite the risk to their own lives, 30 percent never responded.

      Likewise, many ignore God's recall notice� to the entire human race. Unlike a defect found in automobiles, the moral defect of the human race is not the Maker's fault. He made everything very good� (Gen. 1:31), but people's sin ruined it. God's offer to us is repent . . . that your sins may be blotted out� (Acts 3:19).

      God offers not just a free repair of the human heart but a replacement of it (Ezek. 36:26; 2 Cor. 5:17). Though the offer costs us nothing (Eph. 2:8-9), it cost God the life of His only Son Jesus Christ.

      [Jesus] bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, having died to sins, might live for righteousness—by whose stripes you were healed� (1 Peter 2:24).

      Don't ignore the Lord's call. The free and permanent remedy offered by God for your spiritual defect will save your life! C. P. Hia

      The heart of man is stained by sin,
      From Adam's fall this has been true;

      Yet God in Christ can make a change
      Through faith in Him we are made new. Fitzhugh

      For a new start, ask God for a new heart.