Doing All Things as unto God: The Path of Devotion and Love

  • Shibu Podiyan
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 28, 2012
      Doing All Things as unto God: The Path of Devotion and Love

      The smallest daily task we do has eternal significance if done as unto God as an act of devotion and love. The smallest grief we endure has eternal value if offered to God in simple faith and humility of heart. We are enabled to walk the path of devotion and love if we keep looking to the Lord Jesus Christ constantly: remembering Him and turning our hearts to Him often. We can serve Him in pure devotion and pure love while doing seemingly small and mundane tasks like eating or drinking, 1 Cor. 10:31: whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.” In this love we serve one another: our words comfort and our deeds help.

      If I do a small task as unto the Lord, I find joy in doing that small task. Most of life is a series of small tasks. We may do these tasks with joy, remembering that we are doing it as unto God. This helps us to rejoice in the Lord always.

      We read in Col. 3:17: And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.� With the heart thus conditioned, God looks at our failures as offerings unto Him, and our unfinished tasks as finished. Grace covers all, and God is glorified. Amen.

      Thankful for your prayers,

      Shibu Luke Podiyan,
      Washington D.C