Malankara World Journal Issue 87 (July 26) is available online

  • Dr. Jacob Mathew
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 26 5:45 AM
      The Malankara World Journal Issue 87 (July 26, 2012) is available online at:

      http://www.MalankaraWorld.com/Newsletter/MWNews_87.htm

      This week, we are in the midst of two important events with deep spiritual ramifications. First, there was the mass murders in a Denver, Colorado suburb that makes most people wonder about the evil in the world and where God is when we face these evil. Surprisingly, evil can come from the most unsuspecting sources.

      The second event is the Family and Youth Conference of the Malankara Archdiocese of the Syrian Orthodox Church in North America that is to be held in Maryland from July 26-29. The theme of the conference is Romans 12:12 "Rejoice in your hope; be patient in tribulation; be constant in prayer." When we face the dark valley of death and evil, we can be sure that we are not alone. We have a very powerful weapon, viz., prayer. We get strengthened by prayer. Yes, Satan can tempt us; but he cannot win so long as we are protected by our prayers.

      So, this edition of the Malankara World Journal looks at the evil in this world and prayer.

      Table of Contents Issue No: 87

      1. Editor's Note

      2. Bible Readings for This Sunday (July 29)
      Ninth Sunday after Pentecost

      3. Sermons for This Sunday (July 29)
      http://www.Malankaraworld.com/Library/Sermons/Sermon-of-the-week_9th-sunday-after-Pentecost.htm

      4. Inspiration for Today

      5. Featured: Lord, Teach Us to Pray
      Unfortunately, the prayers of (some people) reveal how little they know about the God to Whom they pray. Their prayers betray an understanding of God that renders the Creator of the universe subservient to their temporal needs and concerns. Their God is often little more than the Big Guy in the Sky, the Man Upstairs. He's the heavenly Santa Claus who's keeping score, trying to find out who's been naughty or nice, so that he can determine the magnitude of His generosity before He answers. ...

      6. Why Does God Allow Tragedy and Suffering?
      There's illness, abuse, broken relationships, betrayal, sorrow, injuries, disappointment, heartache, crime and death. And perhaps you've been asking the question, "Why? Why me? Why now?" ...

      7. Who is Responsible for the Killings in Denver?
      But make no mistake. Holmes was, indeed, the Joker. And no gun law, much less God, has anything to do with his evil. ...

      8. The Man Next Door
      May the Lord keep us from ever believing that our goodness is something we've worked up from within. May we realize again that whatever goodness lives in us is the goodness of God shining through . . . the One who gave His Son to give us life. And to save us from ourselves. ...

      9. Why is it that God allows evil to exist?
      For myself, the best things I know about God, I have learned in the midst of every rotten thing that can happen to a person. The absolute worst thing that can happen to us is for God to leave us to ourselves. ...

      10. Recipe: Jen's Best Healthy Cookie

      11. Family Special: Keeping It Quiet
      My childhood was protected by a mother who quietly accepted the circumstances God had ordered for her life and refused to pass along her pain to the next generation. ...

      12. Story - The Fruit Vendor

      13. Humor: Putting Things in Proper Light

      14. About Malankara World

      ========================

      Read all the articles and features in this week's Malankara World Journal online at:

      http://www.MalankaraWorld.com/Newsletter/MWNews_87.htm

      Thank you for your support and help.

      In HIS Service

      Dr. Jacob Mathew