Faith proclamation rally held at Muvattupuzha turned out to be a huge success.

  • SOCM News Bureau
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 15, 2012
    • 1 Attachment
    • 118 KB
    Jacobite Syrian Orthodox Church raised to occasion when there was a crisis.

    Jacobite Syrian Orthodox church declared the stand on Muvattupuzha "aramana" and the church. Requested government to move the unauthorized occupiers from the "aramana" at the earliest.

    Faith proclamation rally held at Muvattupuzha turned out to be a huge success. Thousands of faithful participated in the rally and the public meeting held there after.

    Mor Antheemos Mathews metropolitan of Muvattupuzha diocese flagged off the rally which started from Muvattupuzha private bus stand. Very Rev. Chorepiscopas, Rev. Priests, Church secretary Baretho Maheero Thampu George Thukalan, Church working & managing committee members and leaders of spiritual organizations lead the rally. Hundreds of Priests, Nuns, Deacons and ten thousands of faithful lined up in the rally.

    Rally ended at Muvattupuzha Town hall where the public meeting was held. Mor Evanious Mathews presided over the meeting in which Mor Antheemos Mathews delivered the welcome speech. Catholicose Aboon Mor Baselious Thomas I inaugurated the public meeting and asked the faithful to remain in prayers to protect the Holy Church from the people who play against the church with the help of "IO Group". Also His Beatitude added that Mor Climmis Kuriakose is being used by some antichurch elements to get their political motives implemented.

    Mor Evanious Mathews declared that all the dreams of "IO group" to illegally occupy the Aramana and church will just remain as a dream and emphasized that its just starting of the huge protests which is about to come. Mor Theophilose Kuriakose delivered the key note address explaining the facts regarding Muvattupuzha Aramana by reading out the proofs which we will be publishing soon. Mor Severious Kuriakose of Knanaya Arch diocese, Metropolitans of Holy church, Church Secretary Thampu George Thukalan, M.L.A Commander T. U Kuruvilla, Church Trustee George Mathew Thekkethalakkal and other leaders spoke during the occasion. M.L.A Saju Paul and other political dignitaries and leaders from different walks of life declared their support to Jacobite Syrian Christian Church. Very. Rev. Baby Chamakkala Chorepiscopa delivered the vote of thanks.

    Thank you one and all who assembled in Moovattupuzha and made the rally and public meet a grand success..A low key meeting which was actually planned turned out to be massive one as faithful flooded in..... Jacobites have once again proved that, whenever the sons of darkness have tried to create chaos in the church, ordinary faithful have always stood with the church and for the church... We have once again proved that nothing can shake our faith passed on to us by our forefathers through generations...

    Reported by MalankaraSyriacVoice.com

    More photos
    @ https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.319119711514796.72646.159423580817744&type=1

    A video footage @
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=4383737510605

    To view SOCMNet Newsupdates, please visit
    https://www.facebook.com/SOCMNet