Making Malecruz Dayaro as a major gregorian pilgrimage centre

  • Viny Varghese
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 12, 2012
      We all know that the holy relics of Parumala Thirumeni is installed at Malecruz Dayaro. May be due to various circumstances, the Orma perunnal of Parumala Thirumeni was not celebrated as grand as it is celebrated in Parumala Pally. Jacobite church could consider making Malecruz as major pilgrimage centre of Parumala Thirumeni. Sometime back we conducted the "noottonninmmel qurbano" on the 100th memorial day of Thirumeni. After that we lost the gas and went wrong way..

      Few personal suggestions from my end are, till we construct a church in Parumala,
      1. Making Malecruz Dayaro as a major pilgrimage centre of Parumala Thirumeni.
      2.Celebrating Perunnal on the memorial dates from Oct 31rd, Nov 1st and Nov 2nd in grand ways.
      3. If possible built a museum having the history of beloved Parumala Thirumeni.

      Advantages of doing this are
      1. Jacobite believers will have a shrine for their beloved Parumala Thirumeni in Central Kerala near the birth place of the saint.
      2. This would be even more helpful for the handful of Methran Kakshi/ IOC members residing in and around Ernakulam to visit this shrine rather than going to Parumala on the day of Perunnal in November.
      3. For doing this we do not need any approval from district civic authorities. Date coincidence will not be a problem, as Parumala and Malecruz are more than 100 kms away.
      4. Even our sister church IOC may help us in this venture for having a Gregorian Pilgrimage centre in Malecruz :)
      5. People from every religion can come and find solace in this place.

      Please discuss this topic in forum, if it is worth..

      It is meaningless to wait for another century to come-up with a church in Parumala or in Mannar. If we start with available options now, later we will have enough resources to do wonders in Parumala or in Mannar on the day we are ready with land.. Otherwise that dream also fade of one day..

      "Don't wait. The time will never be just right"

      Thanks
      Vineeth