Re: Dn. Jerry Jacob, MD of the American Archdiocese to the Holy Priesthood

  • Saju Paulose
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 9, 2012
      Dear all,

      This is truly a good news for the holy Syrian Orthodox Church, Malankara Archdiocese and Saint Marys JSO Church of White Plains. Chev. Babu Jacob Nadayil and his wife will be the proud parents when their elder son Dn. (Dr.) Jerry Jacob gets ordained as a priest of the Holy Syrian Orthodox Church.

      After H.E. Archbishop Yeldho Mor Theethos took charge of the Malankara Archdiocese in North America & Canada, an increasing trend among the youths towards priesthood have been noticed. We should thank the almighty God for attracting more and more youngsters towards His work when the general trend among youngsters in this country is to drift away from God. We should encourage the idea of new generation priests because they can communicate effectively with our kids and youngsters-the future of our Church. The vision of our Archbishop in this direction is the proper one and the results will be great for the Holy Church.

      I am sure that Dn. Jerry, the well educated gentleman with a warm smile and sweet words, will be an asset to the Holy Church and the Archdiocese. Moreover, we need young priests to the administrative side of the archdiocese.

      Congratulations dear deacon Jerry, and may God bless you and your family.

      Saju Paulose CPA
      Treasurer
      Malankara Archdiocese of North America & Canada
      ID #2341

      --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, SOCM Moderators wrote:

      > Dear all
      >
      > Dn. Jerry Jacob, MD of the Malankara Archdiocese of the Syrian Orthodox Church in North America will be ordained to the Holy Priesthood on Saturday, July 14, 2012 at the St. Thomas Church, Tenafly, New Jersey by His Eminence Mor Titus Yeldho, Archbishop & Patriarchal Vicar of the Malankara Archdiocese of the Syrian Orthodox Church in North America in the presence of His Eminence(Dr.)Thomas Mor Themotheos, Metropolitan of Kottayam Diocese and His Eminence Mor Cyril Aphrem Karim, Archbishop of Syrian Orthodox Church in the Eastern United States. Deacon Jerry will be the first American born of the Malankara Archdiocese to be ordained as Priest in the Northeast Region of USA.

    • Rev. Fr. Jerry Jacob
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 18, 2012
        Dear Brothers & Sisters in Christ,

        Thank you all for all the prayers and support. Please continue to pray for my ministry especially as I do my first Holy Qurbono this Sunday July 22nd at the St. Mary's Syrian Orthodox Church of White Plains, New York.

        In His Mercy,

        Fr. Jerry Jacob
        ID# 1021