Our Daily Bread- The Viral Gospel

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 8, 2012
      READ: Acts 7:59 - 8:8

      Those who were scattered went everywhere preaching the Word. Acts 8:4

      The term viral video� refers to a short clip posted on the Internet that spreads rapidly as the link is sent from one person to another. The video may be funny, inspiring, or thought provoking, and it can quickly spread around the world and be seen by millions of people. It's an advertiser's dream, but few marketing experts are able to exploit it. Lacy Kemp wrote: How do you make something spread like wildfire? The answer is that you can't. It's not something to plan for or else everyone would be doing it. It has to be awesome enough on its own to get there.

      The gospel of Jesus Christ is viral� in the way it spreads from one person to another. After Stephen, a leader in the early church, was stoned for his faith, the followers of Jesus in Jerusalem were persecuted and forced to leave their homes (Acts 8:1-3). Instead of fearfully holding back, these Christians told people about Him wherever they went. Those who were scattered went everywhere preaching the Word� (v.4).

      When we truly know Christ we cannot keep the good news about Him to ourselves. Even in the most challenging circumstances, we want to keep on telling others about our Savior and Lord. - David McCasland

      Lord, You have been so gracious to save us
      and give us eternal life. We love You and want
      to tell everyone we can
      about Your amazing grace. Lead us, we pray.

      Spread the gospel; it's contagious!