Dn. Jerry Jacob, MD of the American Archdiocese to the Holy Priesthood

  • SOCM Moderators
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 5 8:44 PM
      Dear all

      Dn. Jerry Jacob, MD of the Malankara Archdiocese of the Syrian Orthodox Church in North America will be ordained to the Holy Priesthood on Saturday, July 14, 2012 at the St. Thomas Church, Tenafly, New Jersey by His Eminence Mor Titus Yeldho, Archbishop & Patriarchal Vicar of the Malankara Archdiocese of the Syrian Orthodox Church in North America in the presence of His Eminence(Dr.)Thomas Mor Themotheos, Metropolitan of Kottayam Diocese and His Eminence Mor Cyril Aphrem Karim, Archbishop of Syrian Orthodox Church in the Eastern United States. Deacon Jerry will be the first American born of the Malankara Archdiocese to be ordained as Priest in the Northeast Region of USA.

      Presently a resident in the State of Virginia, USA, - Dn. Dr. Jerry Jacob, MD - born and raised in New York. Deacon is the elder son of Chevalier Babu Jacob Nadayil & Kunjamma Jacob from Karingachira, Kochi who belong to St. Mary's Jacobite Syrian Orthodox Church, Ericadu, Puthuppally, Kottayam and also one of the few founding families of St. Mary's Jacobite Syriac Orthodox Church of White Plains Inc., New York. Rev. Dn. Jerry has two younger brothers, Dn. (Dr.) Joel Jacob and Dr. Noble Jacob and he is married to Dr. Blessy Jacob having two children, Hannah Jacob and Noah Jacob. Dn. Jerry was submitted by his parents in 1984 for assisting the Holy Altar at the age of 5 and was brought into the Holy Altar as M'zamrono by Very Rev. David Cherutthotil Cor- Episcopos. He was one of the first Altar servers of the American born children in the USA. Dn. Jerry has been serving the Holy Altar now for over 28 years. Ever since, he has kept Godly matters and the Holy Church very close to his heart and is very popular among the peers as a team worker who voluntarily takes responsibility of many activities in our Malankara Archdiocese of North America. Dn. Jerry was ordained Qoruyo (Reader) on June 12, 2004 by His Eminence Archbishop Mor Titus Yeldho (the first ordination of His Eminence) at the St. Mary's Syrian Orthodox Church, White Plains, New York. Dn. Jerry was ordained as M'Shamshono (Full Deacon) on September 10, 2009 at the St. Athanasius Cathedral, Patriarchal Centre, Puthencruz by the Catholicose, His Beatitude Aboon Mor Baselios Thomas I assisted by His Eminence Mor Titus Yeldho, Archbishop & Patriarchal Vicar of the Malankara Archdiocese of the Syrian Orthodox Church in North America, His Eminence Mor Athanasius Touma Dakkama, Archbishop of the Syrian Orthodox Church of Great Britain, Mor Clemis Kuriakose, Metropolitan of the Idukki District. In September of 2010, Dn. Jerry was blessed by His Holiness Moran Mor Ignatius Zakka Iwas, Patriarch of Antioch and All the East to move forward to the Holy Priesthood.

      Dn. Jerry belongs to the families of the Late Lamented His Grace Dr. Geevarghese Mor Gregorios (Perumpalli Thirumeni) and Late Lamented His Grace Geevarghese Mor Polycarpos (Nadayil, Chennithala). Dn. Jerry and his brother Dn. Joel are the only ones ordained in the family lineage of Perumpalli Thirumeni, so far. He is going to be the first priest ordained in his home parish in India, St.Mary's Jacobite Syrian Orthodox Church, Ericadu, Puthuppally, Kottayam after its founding Priest, Late Rev.Fr. K.V.Philippose, Kallarackel.

      Dn. Jerry graduated from the Medical School with a Doctor of Medicine (MD) Degree in 2005 and is currently working in the State of Virginia, USA as a Medical Director and also an Assistant Dean for a School of Medicine. He has many leadership roles as he works closely with various political leaders on matters related to Higher Education. While in medical school, he was the founder and President of the first chapter of the American Medical Students Association (AMSA) in Europe. Under the leadership of Dn. Jerry, a Syrian Orthodox Congregation has been incepted for the first time in the State of Virginia for our faithful. Dn. Jerry is currently the webmaster of the website for the
      Malankara Archdiocese of the Syrian Orthodox Church in North America
      (www.malankara.com), and the Choir Director for the Malankara Archdiocesan Choir.

      Dn. Jerry Jacob is always ready to go any extra mile to achieve matters for the sake of the Holy Church and he is an extra ordinary asset to the American Archdiocese and to the entire Holy Syrian Orthodox Church.

      Preparations for the holy Sacrament of ordination at St.Thomas Church, 174 Essex drive, Tenafly, NJ 07670 is under way under the leadership of Rev.Fr.Varghese Paul (Vicar), the Board of Trustees & all members of St.Mary's Syriac Orthodox Church of White Plains, New York.

      Dn. Jerry Jacob is a member of SOCM-Forum since Feb 13, 2006

      May the Holy name of the Triune God be glorified through the priestly life of His servant.

      For news in Malayalam, please click:
      http://www.joychenputhukulam.com/newsMore.php?newsId=22265
      For more information:
      845)519-9669 / (845)359-3265 or www.malankara.com
    • Saju Paulose
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 9 8:35 AM
        Dear all,

        This is truly a good news for the holy Syrian Orthodox Church, Malankara Archdiocese and Saint Marys JSO Church of White Plains. Chev. Babu Jacob Nadayil and his wife will be the proud parents when their elder son Dn. (Dr.) Jerry Jacob gets ordained as a priest of the Holy Syrian Orthodox Church.

        After H.E. Archbishop Yeldho Mor Theethos took charge of the Malankara Archdiocese in North America & Canada, an increasing trend among the youths towards priesthood have been noticed. We should thank the almighty God for attracting more and more youngsters towards His work when the general trend among youngsters in this country is to drift away from God. We should encourage the idea of new generation priests because they can communicate effectively with our kids and youngsters-the future of our Church. The vision of our Archbishop in this direction is the proper one and the results will be great for the Holy Church.

        I am sure that Dn. Jerry, the well educated gentleman with a warm smile and sweet words, will be an asset to the Holy Church and the Archdiocese. Moreover, we need young priests to the administrative side of the archdiocese.

        Congratulations dear deacon Jerry, and may God bless you and your family.

        Saju Paulose CPA
        Treasurer
        Malankara Archdiocese of North America & Canada
        ID #2341

        --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, SOCM Moderators wrote:

        > Dear all
        >
        > Dn. Jerry Jacob, MD of the Malankara Archdiocese of the Syrian Orthodox Church in North America will be ordained to the Holy Priesthood on Saturday, July 14, 2012 at the St. Thomas Church, Tenafly, New Jersey by His Eminence Mor Titus Yeldho, Archbishop & Patriarchal Vicar of the Malankara Archdiocese of the Syrian Orthodox Church in North America in the presence of His Eminence(Dr.)Thomas Mor Themotheos, Metropolitan of Kottayam Diocese and His Eminence Mor Cyril Aphrem Karim, Archbishop of Syrian Orthodox Church in the Eastern United States. Deacon Jerry will be the first American born of the Malankara Archdiocese to be ordained as Priest in the Northeast Region of USA.

      • Rev. Fr. Jerry Jacob
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 18 9:30 PM
          Dear Brothers & Sisters in Christ,

          Thank you all for all the prayers and support. Please continue to pray for my ministry especially as I do my first Holy Qurbono this Sunday July 22nd at the St. Mary's Syrian Orthodox Church of White Plains, New York.

          In His Mercy,

          Fr. Jerry Jacob
          ID# 1021