Elder Paisios

  • Mark Sedrak
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 2, 2012
      We can't limp along in the spiritual life; we can't jus stay in the hallway. If you stay in the hallway, you'll never get to God's living room - that is paradise.

      Elder Paisios of Mount Athos
      http://orthodoxbookstore.ecrater.com/p/14994581/elder-paisios-of-mount-athos
    • The Orthodox Bookstore
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 25
        Grumbling is caused by misery and it can be put aside by doxology (giving praise). Grumbling begets grumbling and doxology begets doxology. when someone doesn’t grumble over a problem troubling him, but rather praises God, then the devil gets frustrated and goes off to someone else who grumbles, in order to cause everything to go even worse for him. You see, the more one grumbles, the more one falls into ruin.

        Sometimes the devil deceives us and makes us unable to be pleased with anything; however, one can celebrate all things in a spiritual manner, with doxology, and secure God’s constant blessing.

        Elder Paisios, Spiritual Counsels, Volume 4 - Family Life

        In Christ,
        Mark Sedrak
        (818) 802-3169
        The Orthodox Bookstore
        Be sure to join The Orthodox Bookstore on the following platforms!