4th of July -Happy Birthday America

  • Shibu Podiyan
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 4, 2012
      Woodrow Wilson, 1911, pre-Presidential campaign speech.

      "America was born a Christian nation. America was born to exemplify that devotion to the elements of righteousness which are derived from the revelations of Holy Scriptures. Ladies and gentlemen, I have a very simple thing to ask of you. I as of every man and woman in this audience that from this night on they will realize that part of the destiny of America lies in their daily perusal of this great book of revelations. That if they would see America free and pure they will make their own spirits free and pure by this baptism of the Holy Scripture."

      The founders of this country won liberty for themselves and for all immigrant of this land may have grace to maintain our liberties in righteousness and peace; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with us Psalm 146:3-4 Put not your trust in princes,in a son of man, in whom there is no salvation.When his breath departs, he returns to the earth on that very day his plans perish.

      The people of the prophet Jeremiah’s day had also departed from their godly roots. The prophet understood that only God could change their hearts and said, “Restore us to yourself, O LORD, that we may return; renew our days as of old” (Lamentations 5:21).

      The reason for our country’s decay—our economic turmoil, our social ills, the church’s coldness and apostasy from the Truth, church leaders in the pulpit without a backbone, citizens living in fear, the decline of our culture—is because we have departed from the one true God

      One of the saddest things, I believe, about many in the Church today is that they’re putting their faith in the people and politics of our nation and setting up an idol for themselves. They believe everything will be okay as long as we get this or that person elected. But the reality is that there’s no one person who can transform a nation… only Jesus can.

      Jesus is the hope for America and the world. He is what our country really needs. So while it’s good to be involved politically, remember that only Christ can truly transform our nation!

      Thankful for your prayers,
      Shibu Luke Podiyan
      Washington D.C