Our Daily bread- Email Prayer

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3, 2012
      READ: Ephesians 1:15-23

      [I] do not cease to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers. ­ —Ephesians 1:16

      Not long ago, a friend of mine was facing surgery. Two disks in his back
      and a detached Achilles tendon were creating a lot of pain. After
      assuring him of my prayers, I was struck with the idea of sending him
      something in writing to further encourage him. So I sent the following
      e-mail:
      “This is what I prayed for you today. ‘Living God, I thank You for Your
      sovereign control over life’s events. On behalf of Your dear servant, I
      ask that You would give him deep peace. I pray for the physicians as
      they apply their medical skills, that You would give them excellent
      results. May Your healing hand touch him and bring him back into full
      service for You. In Jesus’ name. Amen.’ ”
      The apostle Paul wrote prayers to encourage other believers (Phil. 1:9-11;
      Col. 1:9-12; 2 Thess. 1:11-12). He wrote to the Ephesians: “[I] do not
      cease to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers: that
      the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you
      the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him” (1:16-17).
      Do you have friends or family members who need your prayers of
      encouragement right now? Besides letting them know that you’re praying
      for them, try sending a written prayer as well. —Dennis Fisher
      Lord, help us be encouragers
      By praying for our friends in need;
      And give us opportunities
      To show them love in word and deed. —Sper
      Praying for others is a privilege—and a responsibility.