Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1393 , Jul 3, 2012
      "The holy one was pleasing to God the Father; the virgin was pleasing to the substantial Word, begotten from the Father before the ages; the virgin was pleasing to the life-giving Spirit, Who gives every being light and transforms them into citizens of heaven. For if Enoch, who pleased God, was taken up 'that he might never see death' (Gen, 5:24; Heb. 11:5), how much more would God have taken up the soul of her whom He had made one body with divine grace, to the paradise of delight where the divine light shines without end! And if He commanded that Elijah, who was a prophet, should mount to heaven in a chariot of fire (I Kings 2:11), how much more she who is foretold and called blessed in the prophets' writings. who shines in an outstanding way among the prophets and the apostles like the moon in the midst of the stars."

      Theoteknos of Livias.

      "Blessed is the man whom You instruct, O Lord, And teach out of Your law." Psalm 94:12
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 1393 of 1393 , May 24 9:15 PM

        "The fathers tell us that there are various methods of resisting the temptations of the mind and various ways of defeating them, according to the strength of the one who struggles: one may either pray against evil thoughts or enter into contention with them, or else turn them away by contempt. The last method is that of the most perfect souls. As for contending with our thoughts, this too is a method suitable to those who are in progress. Beginners and weak souls should pray, evoking good thoughts against evil imaginings, for St. Isaac teaches that passions should be circumvented by the guile of virtues. When we are assailed by delusions, so that we cannot pray humbly and in interior silence, we should take arms again them, displacing evil thoughts by good ones."

           St. Nilus of Sora.

        "For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so also by one Man's obedience many will be made righteous."  Romans 5:19

        Prayer Requests:

        Scott Joshua J.
        John B. - Peace
        M & M - Strong faith