Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1455 , Jul 2, 2012
      "Our intellect often finds it hard to endure praying because of the straitness and concentration that it involves; but it joyfully turns to theology because of the broad and unhampered scope of divine speculation. Therefore, so as to keep the intellect from expressing itself too much in words or exalting itself unduly in its joy, we should spend most of our time in prayer, in singing psalms and reading the Holy Scriptures, yet without neglecting the speculations of wise men whose faith has been revealed in their writings. In this way we shall prevent the intellect from confusing its own utterances with the utterances of grace, and stop it from being led astray by self-esteem and dispersed through over-elation and loquacity."

      St. Diadochos of Photiki.

      "Now I plead with you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment." 1 Corinthians 1:10
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 1455 of 1455 , Aug 19 7:49 PM

        "Oh, how could heaven receive one who is called `wider than the heavens?' How could a grave contain the one who contained God? Yet surely it did receive her, surely it did make room for her; for that body was not `wider than heaven' in any spatial sense. |How, after all, can something three cubits long, something that grows more frail each day, be compared with the breadth and length of heaven? But in grace, surely, she surpassed the measure of every height and depth; for nothing can be compared with what is divine. O sacred, wonderful, august and adorable monument! Angels come to venerate it, standing by in much reverence and holy fear; the demons tremble; human beings come forward in faith, showing it honor and worship, venerating it with eyes and lips and yearning of soul, and drinking deep of its inexhaustible store of blessings."

           St. John of Damascus.

        "The mind of sinful man is death, but the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace."  Romans 8:6

        Prayer Requests:

        Daoud - Peace.
        Edith D.
        Christina P.