JSVBS 2012 - St. George Universal SO Reesh Church Kuwait

  • John Cherukunne
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1 8:04 PM
      St. George Universal Syrian Orthodox Reesh Church Kuwait organised JSVBS 2012 from 8th June –19th June at NECK premises at 5pm – 7pm. More than 160 students participated in learning the theme Abide in Tabernacle Psalm 15:1.

      The inauguration of JSVBS was held on 8th June at NECK Sunday School Assembly hall by our vicar Rev Fr. Sajan T John by lighting the lamp. Church Secretary Mr. Mani P Joseph, Church trustee Mr. T.O Paily, students along with their parents, teachers and volunteers of JSVBS attended the function. Mr. John C Thomas was the team leader for the 2012 JSVBS.

      The children were divided into 5 groups- preschoolers, beginners, sub junior, junior and seniors. Day of Love feast and Day of Giving was organised to teach why we need to share what we have. The transportation facility was arranged for the students from all parts of Kuwait.

      The class room session had an objective for the day, reflection time, group discussion and daily application aligned with the theme. Projects were prepared by students from each group and displayed on closing ceremony.

      Each JSVBS participant has been presented with participation certificate by our Vicar Rev. Fr. Sajan T John. JSVBS students participated in the Holy Qurbana on 20th June.
      As a one day outdoor activity, Junior and senior students were taken to ABC juice plant to give them awareness how and what are the process involved in preparation of juice.

      The closing ceremony was held on 22nd June 2012 at United Indian School from 4:30 -8:pm. The guest for the ceremony was Rev Fr. Biju Mathai Kavaat from St. Mary’s Jacobite Syrian Church, Salwa. Magic show was presented by magician Mr. Sabu Mathew, which made the entire audience to travel to the world of illusions.

      Photos @
      https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.313399702086797.71218.159423580817744&type=1
      For SOCMNet news & updates, please visit
      https://www.facebook.com/SOCMNet