Communications to Mor Clemis Kuriakose released on public interest

  • SOCM News Bureau
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 26, 2012
      Communications to Mor Clemis Kuriakose from the office of
      Catholicose from 25 July 2011 is released on public interest.

      PDF version of these documents can download it from following URL
      http://socmnet.org//Press_Releases/Communications_MorClemisKuriakose.pdf
    • Cherian Jacob
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 27, 2012
        Dear moderators

        Thank you so much bringing transparency in this subject and we salute our bava thirumeni and all bishops for acting boldly and appropriately in this crisis time. We understand the agony everyone going through, including the bishop mor climmis who raised this allegations. Let us pray our redeemer Jesus Christ to protect this church from all devilish troubles.

        With the vision bava Thirumeni, he re-invented our church by bringing the new constitution which became the pillar and hope for our church. We not only need to embrace the essence of the constitution, we also need to consider appropriate additions based on our current challenges. I personally have not read the constitution, however based on the current practice we need to make some additions or enhancement to our constitution.

        Anyone who wanted to take priesthood, need to be a person publicly accepted and acceptable to his member parish.

        He should at least completed the alter assistance service successfully for 5 consecutive years, after he expressed his desire to to become a deacon. If he is successful, the general body may recommend and based on that recommendation only we should let anyone becoming a priest. This will ensure that they are dedicated, committed and trustworthy to lead any initiatives entrusted to him.

        We should recommend someone to any special designation, only through a formal request from his/ her home parish, based on his/her accomplishments. This will ensure the purity of the titles to any church member. We somehow lost this, process and now becoming a prestige issue for many people, and many bishops are under pressure in recommending these titles.

        If any bishop or priest involved in any charitable trust or organizations, they need to take prior permission from the diocese and they need to keep diocese updated the current status. If we don't follow any guidelines, church became the target for all their actions and our church take the suffering and any credit goes to their personal accord.

        Let us bring disciple in our church, instead of becoming a victim of all the circumstances we could avoid from our side.

        Thanks

        Cherian Jacob
        0951
      • John Joseph
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 27, 2012
          Mr Cherian
          Its a true factor that Money rules everything. We cannot blame on one factor or Pinpoint one person. One thing which we need to act quickly is the Audit Report on how each Bishop is spending their Money. IOC is having Budget and they have a report at the end of the year. Why not the Jacobites. Something to think of.

          I am afraid to say, church is becoming a Social Status and not Holy Place.

          Need to think more on bringing the youth to the church activities and not to take them to the Road.�

          Regards
          John Joseph