By your patience possess your souls

  • Shibu Podiyan
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 25, 2012
      Luke 21:19: By your patience possess your souls.

      The Amplified Bible: By your steadfastness and patient endurance you shall win the true life of your souls.� [Two Meanings for Patience� (Ref. Vines Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words): (a) Patience (Hupomone� in Greek) = attitude of endurance under trials, Ja. 1:3; Luke 21:19; (b) Patience (Makrothumia� in Greek) = attitude (forbearance, longsuffering) with respect to people, Gal. 5:22; Rom.2:4.]

      Lord Jesus, let us remember your patience when we have to endure patiently with situations or with people. Let us give thanks for the calling to endure, Lord. Thus, Lord, let us possess� my soul as we walk this valley, and entrust our soul to your keeping, 1 Pet. 4:19. I bless you, O Father, for trials, for grace to endure patiently, and for the perfection that comes from patience, Ja. 1:3-4.

      In Luke 21:19 (By your patience possess your souls�) our Lord was speaking of the sufferings of the end times.

      Thankful for grace to endure patiently,
      Shibu Luke Podiyan
      Washington.D.C