RE:One question please

  • Thomas P
    Message 1 of 1502 , May 12 8:36 AM
      --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, V Thomas wrote:
      > Sacrifice by Indian Orthodox church
      >
      > Many prominent church priests and teachers
      > Like Late Rev. V.C.Samuel Achen, Paul Varghese
      > Achen (later Gregorios Thirumeni) have lived and earned
      > A good living in Ethiopia. Later when
      > Ethiopia slipped into famine and internal strife
      > They did not move their little finger even in support
      > for poor faminised people.
      > How such people and their followers can understand
      > the sacrifice made by early Syrian fathers?
      > Like wise these Bishops and priests who go on alternate days
      > For collection did nothing (even raise their voice in support)
      > When people were repartied from middle east (Kuwait for example)
      > You expect any sacrifice from them.
      > For them everything is one-way traffic
      > Regards

      I must say that Catholicos (Orthodox side) did sent letters to each
      parish to collect materials for Ethiopia in the past. It was read in
      our parish. The relationship between Ethiopian and Indian church is
      still strong. There was a joint meeting of Ethiopian, Coptic and
      Indian congragation in South Africa just a year ago. There the
      Ethiopian Patriarch praised the heritage of Indian Church.

      -Thomas
    • SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com
      Message 1502 of 1502 , Oct 1, 2004
        Dear members