Kola-nila-maayoree-thottam - Garden; the field of murder ?

  • Mathew G M
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 17, 2012
      Can anyone please help me understand the meaning of a hymn by Mor Jacob of Serugh, that is part of the mid-night prayers of the Monday of Holy Week.

      The hymn goes like this:

      Sarwadheeshan daivam thanee-thoppin naadhan
      Aapatheennum maanavare paripalikkunnu.
      Amoz-thanaya kola-nila-maayoree-thottathe
      Naadhan daivam maayichathinal vilapichalum.

      Based on how I understood this, here is my English translation of the above:

      God is the Lord of this Garden
      Protects mankind from dangers
      O Isaiah(son of Amoz) weep, for Lord God has wiped away this Garden; the field of murder.

      Now here are my questions:
      1) What is this `Garden which is a field of murder' (kola-nila-maayoree-thottam) ?
      2) When did our Lord God, wipe away by our Lord God?
      Is there kola-nila-maayoree-thottam Hades (Sheol) ? And is the reference to the harrowing of Hades by our Lord by his crucifixion and resurrection?
      3) Why is the son of Amoz (Isaiah) asked to weep ?

      In Christ,
      Mathew G M
      0929
    • Mathew G M
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 2, 2012
        I had asked this question two weeks ago, but has not received a reply yet. So I thought I will ask it again.

        Can anyone please help me understand the meaning of a hymn by Mor Jacob of Serugh, that is part of the mid-night prayers of the Monday of Haasha (Passion) Week.

        The hymn goes like this:

        Sarwadheeshan daivam thanee-thoppin naadhan
        Aapatheennum maanavare paripalikkunnu.
        Amoz-thanaya kola-nila-maayoree-thottathe
        Naadhan daivam maayichathinal vilapichalum.

        Based on how I understood this, here is my English translation of the above:

        God is the Lord of this Garden
        Protects mankind from dangers
        O Isaiah(son of Amoz) weep, for Lord God has wiped away this Garden; the field
        of murder.

        Now here are my questions:
        1) What is this `Garden which is a field of murder' (kola-nila-maayoree-thottam)?
        2) When did our Lord God, wipe away the 'Garden' which is a field of murder?
        3) Is there kola-nila-maayoree-thottam; Hades (Sheol) ? And is the reference to the 'harrowing of Hades' by our Lord by his crucifixion and resurrection?
        4) If it is the 'harrowing of Hades' then it is a good thing right ? Why is the son of Amoz (Isaiah) asked to weep over it ?

        In Christ,
        Mathew G M