Spiritual Words.

  • marksadek
    Message 1 of 1502 , May 11 9:25 PM
      Christ Is Risen! Truly He Is Risen!

      "Self-knowledge is needful; this is the knowledge of oneself and especially
      of the limitation of one's talents, one's failings, and lack of skill. From
      this it should result that we consider ourselves unworthy of any kind of
      position, and therefore that we do not desire any special positions, but
      rather accept what is placed upon us with fear and humility. He who knows
      himself pays no heed to the sins of others, but looks to his own and is
      always repenting over them; he reflects concerning himself, and condemns
      himself, and does not interfere in anything apart from his own position."

      Abbot Nazarius.

      "This poor man cried out, and the Lord heard him, And saved him out of all
      his troubles." Psalm 34:6

      The Bible reading for the 4th of Bashans, May 12th, is:
      39 But this He spoke concerning the Spirit, whom those believing in Him would
      receive; for the Holy Spirit was not yet given, because Jesus was not yet
      glorified. 40 Therefore many from the crowd, when they heard this saying,
      said, "Truly this is the Prophet." 41 Others said, "This is the Christ." But
      some said, "Will the Christ come out of Galilee? 42 Has not the Scripture
      said that the Christ comes from the seed of David and from the town of
      Bethlehem, where David was?" (John 7:39-42)

      The Bible reading for the 5th of Bashans, May 13th, is: John 8:12-16

      St. Mary and St. George Coptic Orthodox Church in Staten Island, NY will be
      having the following 2 open days:

      Saturday, May 17, 2003
      Sunday, May 18, 2003

      The 2 days will start with the Holy Liturgy followed by an open day to 10PM.
      There will be a huge selection of English/Arabic books, audio-tapes, Coptic
      Icons, rare pictures of Christ, Middle Eastern groceries and much much more.
      Come to enjoy and don't forget to spread the news.

      Church's address:

      584 Bloomingdale Rd
      Staten Island, NY 10309

      Guys this is a new Church and deserves your visit and support.

      Prayer Requests:

      Please remember Peter Demian in your prayers. Peter remains in critical
      condition following the tragedy that took the lives of 5 Coptic youth in
      California.

      Please remember in your prayers the 5 Coptic youth that have lost their lives
      in a car accident on their way to St. Anthony Monastery in California. Also,
      please remember those who were injured and the families in your prayers.

      Please remember me in your prayers.
      Nick Sarris - Will be undergoing a serious and complicated surgery for cancer
      this Friday, May 2nd. Nick is scheduled to start chemotherapy and radiation
      treatments over the next 6 months.
      Fr. Augustine - Cancer in his leg and may need to have an amputation. God has
      allowed Father Augustine a successful operation without the need for
      amputation.
      Sue S. - Advanced Cancer
      Duff H.- Infection. He has recovered :)
      Mina Aziz - Cancer
      Helen P. - severe depression and diabetes.
      Pamela P. - chronic depression and financial difficulties.
      Caroline Kamal and her family - Caroline recently lost her father.
      Shafika Guirgis - kidney failure
      Mary Beth - Obesity & Diabetes
      Jean Dallin - Neurological back problems
      Therese - Emotional problems
      Ryan - Behavioral problems. Little Ryan is possibly going back into
      mainstream school.
      Reggie - Cancer
      Detra - Stress related health problems
      Walter Jr. - Cancer. Walter is doing well with the chemotherapy and radiation
      treatments.
      Walter Sr. - Depression.
      Denise I. - Breast Cancer.
      Barbara - Depression & legal & financial problems.
      Helen - Multiple health problems & depression.
      Please pray for Madeline who has metastatic breast cancer.
      Please pray for Cuba Plain who has cancer that is high up in the breast. She
      is a mother of 3, ages 15, 12, and 7.
      Please pray for Gabrielle Brewer who is pregnant with a potentially serious,
      life-threatening illness for the developing baby.
      Please remember Jessica in your prayers. Jessica is 15 years old suffering
      from brain cancer.
      Please remember Daniel who is 14 years old and has cancer in your prayers.
      Daniel is in a serious condition and is getting very weak. He is the only
      child to his parents. Because of your prayers, Daniel is responding well to
      his medication and is getting better both physically and psychologically.
      Please continue to pray for him and his family as they lost his mother
      unexpectedly.
      Please remember Suzanne Hanna in your prayers.
      Please remember Shwaki Ghobrial in your prayers.
      Please remember Zouhair Macktaby in your prayers. Zouhair is suffering from
      stomach cancer.
      Please remember Hanan Shawki in your prayers. Hanan has a brain tumor and she
      is a mother of two young Kids. Because of your prayers, Hanan is doing much
      better.
      Please remember Magdy Wadi in your prayers. Magdy has a brain tumor.
      Please remember John Rittel in your prayers. John has cancer of the lymph
      node and voice box.
      Please remember Ibtesam Hweamel in your prayers.
      Please remember our brother John in your prayers. John had a brain tumor
      removed recently. He is a young servant with 4 young kids. John is getting
      better.
      Please pray for the unemployed to find jobs.

      Please pray for the peace of the world.

      Further transmissions to you by the sender of the Spiritual Words may be
      stopped at no cost to you by <A
      HREF="mailto:MarkSadek@...%3Fsubject=remove">CLICKING HERE</A>
    • SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com
      Message 1502 of 1502 , Oct 1, 2004