Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1916 , Jun 10, 2012
      "If, according to the example of Abraham and Job, we think that we are earth and ashes, then we shall never be robbed, but we will always have something to give to others: not gold and silver, but an example of humility, patience, and love toward God. May there be glory to Him forever. Amen."

      Saints Barsanuphius & John.
      "For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?" Matthew 16:26
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 1916 of 1916 , Jul 18 5:15 PM

        "Do not imagine that after the separation of the straw from the wheat or the sinners from the good people, that the sinners will find comfort, and this is in accordance with the witness of the holy books. As for the angels and archangels, as well as the saints, they will all keep silent and the judgment of God will be final when He separates the good from the bad and throws the sinners into hell. Does God need anyone to consult or ask? What can God forget, to need someone to answer Him or inquire of Him about anything, except this statement which is uttered by all of us, as with one mouth, ‘Oh the Judge of right, all Your judgments are fair, You are the One who gives everyone according to his deeds and it is not for us to remind You of this because You are merciful.’"

        St. Shenouda the Archimandrite, A Homily said in the First Hour of Wednesday of the Holy Pascha.

        "And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance; for you serve the Lord Christ."  Colossians 3:23-24

        The Bible reading for the 12th of Abib, July 19, is:
        53 And as He said these things to them, the scribes and the Pharisees began to assail Him vehemently, and to cross-examine Him about many things, 54 lying in wait for Him, and seeking to catch Him in something He might say, that they might accuse Him.
        12:1 In the meantime, when an innumerable multitude of people had gathered together, so that they trampled one another, He began to say to His disciples first of all, Beware of the leaven of the Pharisees, which is hypocrisy. 2 For there is nothing covered that will not be revealed, nor hidden that will not be known. 3 Therefore whatever you have spoken in the dark will be heard in the light, and what you have spoken in the ear in inner rooms will be proclaimed on the housetops. 4 And I say to you, My friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do. 5 But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear Him who, after He has killed, has power to cast into hell; yes, I say to you, fear Him! 6 Are not five sparrows sold for two copper coins? And not one of them is forgotten before God. 7 But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Do not fear therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows. 8 Also I say to you, whoever confesses Me before men, him the Son of Man also will confess before the angels of God. 9 But he who denies Me before men will be denied before the angels of God. 10 And anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but to him who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven. 11 Now when they bring you to the synagogues and magistrates and authorities, do not worry about how or what you should answer, or what you should say. 12 For the Holy Spirit will teach you in that very hour what you ought to say. (Luke 11:53-12:12)
        Commemoration of Archangel Michael.
        Martyrdom of St. Abba Hour El-Siriakousy.

        The Bible reading for the 13th of Abib, July 20, is: John 16:20-33
        Departure of St. Pisentius, Bishop of Qift.
        Martyrdom of St. Apamon of Toukh.
        Martyrdom of St. Abba Shenoute, during the Early Arab Rule.

        Prayer Requests:

        Jessenia W - Bipolar depression.
        Urgent: Amal - Cancer.
        Urgent: Magda - Cancer.