Teach your children

  • Georgey Thomas
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 6, 2012
      TEACH YOUR CHILDREN

      DEUTERONOMY 6:6-7 KJV
      6 And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart:
      7 And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.

      God holds all parents responsible for teaching their children. The best way of teaching is a natural flow of information as we go through
      life and being an example to our children. We must also realize that everything our children see us do in life is also unintentionally teaching them. Whatever they see you do is a lesson your children are watching and learning from. Remember, boys learn or copy almost every action of their fathers, whether it is good or bad.

      God's Word reminds us that teaching our children should happen during the normal events of daily life. We can illustrate truth and apply it to what happens every day, just as Jesus did with His disciples.

      If you never speak of God and His Word, it communicates to your children that God is not very important to you. If you don't read your Bible, don't expect your children to read the Bible. If you don't go to church regularly, don't expect your children to attend church too.

      It is also important to mean what you say, and say what you mean -- to always tell the truth. If your children know you don't keep your word, they won't expect God to keep His Word either. So if you tell your child something, either do it, or ask their forgiveness for not keeping your word.

      Do you know what makes Jesus, Jesus. His WORDS. His words never change. When he say something, he mean it to be that way. He said, "He will die and rise up on the third day." If that had not happened, there is no point in us to worship him. He promised that He is coming back again for the Chuch. Church is the group of true believers, not some one who attend church services every week. But the one who has a relationship with Jesus, one who spends time reading his word, spends time in praying and talking to him. Do you believe that Jesus is coming back for his chosen people, yes, I do. So what makes a person, his/her character. Their words, their actions. Be people who remain true to your words.

      Don't try to leave the responsibility for teaching your children about God to someone else. You may not feel qualified but God will help you. Just be honest with God and honest with your children, and you will make progress with both. Teach your children to "fear the LORD". Not to be afraid of HIM but to respect Him for who he is, respect him for what he is. respect him because he is God. Proverbs reminds us that "The Fear of the Lord is the Beginning of Wisdom". When they start to fear and obey God, you will see a great change in their life, in their normal life, in their studies, in their behavior etc.

      Take a decision today that you will start reading the Word Of God, and encourage your children to do so. Let me remind you, you will
      never remain in darkness after that.

      God Bless You, Have a Great Day.
      Georgey