Obituary - Very. Rev. Fr. M. C. Samuel Cor Episcopa Moozhiyil (83)

  • SOCM Moderators
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 5, 2012
    Obituary - Very. Rev. Fr. M. C. Samuel Cor Episcopa Moozhiyil (83)06 June'12Very. Rev. Fr. M. C. Samuel Cor Episcopa Moozhiyil, one of the senior most priests of the Malankara Suriyani Knanaya Archdiocese left for his heavenly abode today at the early hours at a Thiruvalla Hospital. Achen who was 83 years old was very active in the Samudayam affairs and the construction of the retreat center of St. Kuriakose Church Aythala.

    Moozhyil CorEpiscopa Achen served the Knanaya Samudayam for a very long time in many areas including as the Mission Director, Priest Council Member, Suvishesha Samajam President etc and have served more than 53 years as Vicar of several churches of the diocese. He was loved by young and old alike particularly of Ranny and our Samudayam. He also served as the Headmaster of St. Thomas UP School, Karimkutty , St. Thomas H.S Ranny and MS H.S Ranny. He was involved in the construction of many churches in and around Ranny.

    He was a sharp tool in the hands of his Savior Jesus Christ proclaiming His Word not only to the diocesan churches, but to the Jacobite Churches of Northern Kerala. Moozhiyil Valiya Achen has attended various Christian conferences in Amsterdam, Switzerland and Singapore in his lifetime.

    Valiya Achen lost his beloved Kochamma, Mrs. Thankamma Samuel Valayanattu some four years ago. He is survived by his four Sons, 2 Daughters and many grandchildren and great grandchildren.

    At this hour of sorrow, we passionately remember all family members especially the eldest son Rev. Fr. M. S. Cherian Moozhiyil who is the Vicar General of the North American Knanaya Community (USA and Canada). We convey our heartfelt condolences to the whole family and pray God Almighty to Rest His Soul in Peace in the Bosom of Abraham, Issac and Jacob.

    "If the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit, who lives in you"