Re: A Dual in the Sun

  • Dn. Joel
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 5, 2012
      Dear C. Devidasan,

      Thank you for sharing this story with all of us. A true eye-opening and tear-jerking experience. At times we all forget that we ARE our "brother's keeper" (Genesis 4:9). We tend to lose ourselves in the bubble of daily existence while grieving over our comparably microscopic burdens. For those of us who claim to be Christians, we must then live up to the standards that Christ has set for us. Through Christ and Christian living, we may be worthy of His grace. Let us pray that we see Christ in the face of suffering men, women, and children. He gave freely, not so that we may have, but so that through Him, we may be able to help His children.

      As I read your story I recalled Mathew 5:3-8:
      "Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
      Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
      Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
      Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
      Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
      Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God."

      May God bless you on your journey.

      In His Mercy,
      Dn. Joel
      New York