Holy Spirit Imitation

  • Rev John Brian
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 5, 2012
      Holy Spirit Imitation
      Holy Spirit Trust

      The Holy Spirit has descended. The comforter has come. Now what?

      The popular ideas of what is to happen are fantastic and supernatural.
      Beyond the natural world - Yes! But not always fantastic.

      We are called to fulfill the ideal to which we were created - that we are created in God's image. It is only by the Holy Spirit that we are able to do what Christians are called to do - that which is un-natural or supernatural in the views of this world.

      This world is either in awe or in disdain for our un-natural work of
      Christian spiritual development. It is entertained by the fantastic and revels in criticism when we are unable to live up to the lofty ideals of Christian mercy.

      Fr. John Brian talks about the spirituality of the Holy Spirit using
      excerpts from Paul's First Epistle to the Corinthians.

      This sermon uses and refers to scripture readings appointed by the Syrian Malankara calendar and was given on Sunday, June 3, 2012 by Fr. John-Brian Paprock at Holy Transfiguration Orthodox Mission Chapel, Madison, Wisconsin.

      Please, as you are inspired, pray for us and help us.

      LISTEN ON-LINE HERE:
      http://frjohbrian.blogspot.com/2012/06/holy-spirit-imitation.html