Today with Jesus

  • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
    Message 1 of 442 , Jun 4, 2012
      Today with Jesus

      "Today salvation has come to this house, because this man too, is a son of Abraham.” (Luke 19:9)

      Forgiveness really makes changes! "I shot your son,” the man said. “And I want to join your church.”

      Attitude of forgiveness is the attitude of Jesus, the Lord and God. “Father forgive their sins, for they do not know what they are doing.” All Christians should follow that attitude. Real forgiveness never harbours any wrongs of others. This makes substantial healings, peace and love in and out for all the parties involved, the pardoners and the pardoned. When you have a forgiving attitude, you put in motion all sorts of amazing energy. The wrong doers firstly should confess it to God, then to the injured parties and only then the door of blessings will be opened. Genuine repentance always involves a confession of wrong doings and willingness to make things right. The apology often takes the form of excuse. In Greek apologia literally means “a speech in defence of”(self-defence).

      Here in the Bible, the Tax Collector, Zacchaeus, after seeing Jesus confessed, "Lord, Lord! Here and now I give half of my possessions to the poor. And if I cheated anybody out of anything, I will pay back four times the amount” (Luke 19:8). This is real reconciliation and full healings of any injury. This is to forgive and forget the sins of others in practice and this is what Jesus wants us to do.

      Pastor Rim moved his family from Ukraine to Russia to start a church in an area plagued by violence. As word of the pastor’s plan spread around town, gangsters issued threats toward him and his five sons. The pastor prayed. "God told me that I would pay a steep cost for planting my church there, but that something amazing would result too,” he said. Despite the threats, the pastor established his church. At first, only a few people came to his services. Then, just a week after the pastor opened the doors, one of his sons was murdered on the street. The grieving pastor prayed again, asking God’s guidance. God told him to stay with his church. Three months later, one guy stopped him on the street and asked him, “Would you like to meet the person who killed your son?”

      “No,” said the pastor.

      “ Are you sure?” the man said. “ What if he asked your forgiveness?”

      “ I’ve already forgiven him,” the pastor said.

      “I shot your son,” the man said, breaking down. “And I want to join your church.”

      In the weeks that followed, many other members of the Russians mob joined the pastor’s church and crimes disappeared in the area.

      Prayer : Jesus let us show genuine confession by reconciling with the victims by making right the wrongs, and then confessing it to you and get your blessings and be healed. Let us stop committing sins to you and our fellow beings and to all your creations. We pray for all the confessors like Zacchaeas. Let more and more Pastors like Rim, be born. All we ask in Jesus' name. Amen.

      Paulose Achen
      Monday, 4th June 2012
    • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
      Message 442 of 442 , Oct 16 3:54 AM