A sad News: The Turkish government demolishs the tower of the church of Zaz in Tur Abdin.

  • SOCM News Bureau
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 2012
      A sad News: The Turkish government demolishs the tower of the church of Zaz in Tur Abdin...............

      Dear colleagues,

      just received a phone call from a colleague visiting the province of Mardin. Apparently, the ancient monastery of Mor Dimet in İzbırak köyü, Midyat (Mardin) has received a demolition order, to be executed in the next few days. I was told that currently a Syriac nun and a monk are living there. I cannot verify anything from here (Istanbul), but would be most grateful if anyone was able to find out more and get in touch (or preferably, inform the media),

      Dr. phil. Rainer Brömer
      Fatih Üniversitesi
      Philosophy Dept./Felsefe bölümü A-341
      TR-34500 Büyükçekmece, Istanbul, Turkey

      Tel. +90-212-8663300 ext. 2238
      (before dialling extension, wait for message to start)
      mobile: +90-539-8735401
      office e-mail: rbromer@...
      Jewel of the ‘Mountain of the Servants of God': Hah's Church of the Virgin Mary
      http://www.sundayszaman.com/sunday/newsDetail_getNewsById.action?newsId=155120