Today with Jesus

  • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V
    Message 1 of 442 , May 29, 2012
      Today with Jesus

      "He urged them to ask the God of Heaven to show them his mercy by telling the mystery.” (Daniel 2:18)

      Mass prayer support results in 'no rain' in and around the concert area.

      Prayer is more effective than panic. Supporting one by prayers is the first and most effective love in action. When we know that there are friends who are praying for us in our crisis is more refreshing than you and I alone fighting to remove the scare of crisis.

      Daniel was at a crisis point when he was asked to tell the dream and its interpretation to King Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon. If he failed, he would have had to face death. When the king gave Daniel time to find the answer, he found three friends and they prayed together. When you find yourself in a tight spot, share your needs with trusted friends who also believe in God’s power. Prayer is more effective than panic. Panic confirms your hopelessness; prayer confirms your hope in God. Daniel’s trust in God saved not only himself but also his three friends and all the other wise men of Babylon.

      October 2nd, 2008 - the most rainy month and onset of North Eastern monsoon was the D-day to conduct the music concert at St. George open grounds in aid of “Abyam”, the most challenging project of the Syrian church in Chennai. The week before the concert, there was heavy incessant torrential rain which resulted in the grounds getting flooded. The team in charge of conducting the concert was in panic. They didn't know what to do to stop the rainwater from flooding the grounds, but their leader, Ms. Sunita was confident that God would show them a way. She asked the priest to call for mass prayer support as she felt that was the only way out. Miraculously that particular day on October 2nd, excepting St. George grounds and its periphery, all other parts of Chennai had a heavy downpour.

      Prayer: Jesus, we are scared of our challenges in life. We come to you as Daniel and his friends had come to you in prayer in their dangerous situation. Help us to overcome all our challenges. Let us have the minds to ask for prayer support from our trusted friends when we are in danger. Let all the prayer supporting members be blessed and their prayers be answered. All we ask in the name of Jesus. Amen.

      Paulose Achen

      Toronto
      Wednesday, 30th May 2012
    • Rev. Fr. Paulose V V