Thank you so much for your kind felicitations.

  • Rev. Fr. Zacharia Varghese
    Message 1 of 6 , May 28, 2012
      Dear members of SOCM Forum,

      Thank you so much for your kind felicitations. By the Grace of God, H.E.
      Mor Theethose Yeldho has indeed elevated me to the priesthood. There are
      many priests, deacons, laymen, youth, parishes, and of course family
      members who deserve all the credit for every blessing entrusted to me.
      Please pray for me and family as the challenges of ministry begin to weigh
      heavy.

      Fr. Zach Varghese
    • Cherian Jacob
      Message 2 of 6 , May 29, 2012
        Respected zach Achen

        Congratulations Achen in the name of our lord and redeemer Jesus Christ. We are really proud of you and looking forward to see how we can bridge the gap between the younger and older generations in our church and society. Your stand will make a big difference in smoothening the relationship between priests and ordinary layman like us. We want to see whether we can count on you in ending the church politics by diverting energy of our youth in spreading the word of god to every section in our society. Being born and raised in USA, you know better than anyone else the challenges our society is facing today. How we can help them and engage them might open a big change in our mission. Our church, somehow created a fence for ourself by engaging only people from our malayalee community. We need to break this fence, so that we can extend this amazing tradition and culture to the whole world! We need to move to that level, hence our church will eventually become the true holy church, engaged in uplifting the needy one for our redeemer Jesus Christ. Our church politics and fights not yielded anything for Jesus. We need to listen to his concern for a moment. Take a step in positive direction so that we are keeping the hope for the people to stay on their faith on our church. We could wait for a good day where all church politics are ended, but I doubt we see that day in our generation, if we don't stand for that. Jesus, Gandhi, Nelson mandala, Martin Luther king all took a stand to achieve their dream goal. They truly believed in their dream hence eventually it became reality. We need such a movement in our church and society, instead of standing on the way expecting that one day it all will be ended.

        God give us the power to create anything in our life. Genesis 2:19. We somehow stuck in creating mess for us and for our generations. God never took this amazing heavenly power from human being, we can still create everything we wanted. We are looking forward to hear your stand and your commitment in moving and leading us to the new world. Being a shepherd you are standing to take your sheaps to to world Jesus wanted or you wanted. Sheaps will follow the leader, ultimately shepherd is responsible for the safety of the sheaps just followed the path of its Shepherd.

        This response is not just for Zach Achen, he just become a new member in our beloved priest community. Your stand will make him empowered to lead his sheaps in right direction, or you could engage him in focusing the church politics and gossips and leave his sheaps abandoned and you could enjoy the pleasure of each sheaps separated and killed by other wolfs and pretend that you were helpless in saving the sheaps. You can find fault with sheaps that, it didn't wait for the shepherd to come back after their gossips and politics. Every sheaps are counted and handover to you by our redeemer Jesus Christ, he will count and tally the numbers when you return them to Jesus.

        I wish if we take a stand for ourself as sheaps to stay with the sheeps and being the shepherd who stand for his sheaps. If we can't do this today, I doubt we can achieve in some other day.

        May the god almighty give you and every one of us to stay focused on our mission to rebuild our church to new levels.

        Thank you
        Cherian Jacob
        St. George's MSO church
        Carteret NJ 07008 USA
        0951
      • Rev. Fr. Zacharia Varghese
        Message 3 of 6 , May 31, 2012
          Dear Cherian Jacob,

          First and foremost, thank you for your faith. We have a precious form of worship that will continue through time by the grace of God. This faith is what sustains us and causes us all to labor in the Lord's vineyard.

          Our problems are usually related to taking our eyes away from our Savior and His mission. In these last days, the Holy Spirit is being poured out afresh on our generations. We in this new land may mould our experiences against this outpouring and set the church on the right track. We can make it in His image if we chose.

          Sadly, we are easily tricked into taking our focus away from Jesus Christ. If we do so we will continue to fail, become absorbed in politcs/petty differences, and leave very little for the future.

          If we follow Jesus Christ, our lifestyle is an attractive one and should draw all of every stripe. Sharing our faith keeps it alive and constantly dependent on Jesus to do what He says, which He does.

          Keep praying for our church worldwide. He is in charge from the beginning to the end of it!

          Fr. Zach
        • Mathew G M
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 1, 2012
            Reverend Father Zach Varghese,
            Congratulations on your Ordination. Please remember me a sinner, in your Holy Qurbana and prayers.

            In Christ,
            Mathew G M
            0929
          • Cherian Jacob
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 2, 2012
              Dear Achen
              I really appreciate your stand. Let us be positive and work hard to bring heaven on earth itself. May the holy spirit protect you and everyone to fulfill the mission on earth.

              Take care
              Cherian Jacob , Manalel Chirayil
              St George's MSO CHurch, Carteret NJ O8540
              0951
            • Re: Rev. Fr. Zacharia Varghese
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 8, 2012
                Dear Mathew,

                Thank you and your prayers are much appreciated as well. God bless you.

                Fr. Zach